PDA

View Full Version : Transporter Problem

paul44birch
2010-11-15, 10:10
I have had my Transporter since September and it has been working well and sounding fantastic.

Over the weekend I had to break down the Hi Fi to add a new shelf to my rack and do a bit of necessary dusting. Once re-assembled, I was horrified to hear the music was sounding very crackly and distorted.

I have checked all my connections and equipment and isolated the problem to the Transporter. As a final check, I replaced the Transporter with my existing Duet and all sounds fine. So it seems to be a problem with the Transporter, yet all I have done is disconnect the leads (power lead, Ethernet cable and phono plugs).

I have Emailed Logitech and am awaiting a response from them, but thought I would try out the forum to see if anyone else had experienced a similar problem?

Phil Leigh
2010-11-15, 10:22
I have had my Transporter since September and it has been working well and sounding fantastic.

Over the weekend I had to break down the Hi Fi to add a new shelf to my rack and do a bit of necessary dusting. Once re-assembled, I was horrified to hear the music was sounding very crackly and distorted.

I have checked all my connections and equipment and isolated the problem to the Transporter. As a final check, I replaced the Transporter with my existing Duet and all sounds fine. So it seems to be a problem with the Transporter, yet all I have done is disconnect the leads (power lead, Ethernet cable and phono plugs).

I have Emailed Logitech and am awaiting a response from them, but thought I would try out the forum to see if anyone else had experienced a similar problem?
Have you done a Xilinx reset yet?

paul44birch
2010-11-16, 00:48
Hi Phil

What is a Xilinx reset ?

Phil Leigh
2010-11-16, 00:51
Hi Phil

What is a Xilinx reset ?

Disconnect power
hold down the "1" key on remote
reapply power - watch screen - should be a message regarding xilinx (the processor that does all the hard work in the TP)

Strange audio problems often are fixed by this process.

If crackling persists, come back with more info:
1) is crackling on both channels
2) is it continuous
3) does it vary with / track the music

paul44birch
2010-11-16, 02:54
Thanks Phil

I will try your suggestion later on when I return home.

Crackling/distortion is out of both speakers and my fear is that I have damaged or caused an issue with the phono connections just by removing the cable.

Still waiting to hear from Logitech support!

Paul

paul44birch
2010-11-17, 10:39
Hi Phil

Good news. It worked!

Once again this forum comes to my rescue.

Many thanks.

I do have a slight concern as to why this happened in the fist place but for now at least I can enjoy the music.

Regards

Paul

jhonsberger@msn.com
2010-11-17, 15:37
If you want excellent info,just ask Phil.That's my motto.