PDA

View Full Version : Pandora... Slacker...

Blazer
2010-11-11, 15:36
I read some old threads on this forum. If you PAY to upgrade your account on Pandora or Slacker, can you get the higher bit rate music on your SB Touch?

aubuti
2010-11-11, 15:46
I don't know about Slacker, but the old threads on Pandora still apply: the 192kbps streaming that comes with a paid PandoraOne account is _not_ available on SBs. Apparently the Pandora folks still haven't provided the necessary API for the SB folks to make it happen. I could be wrong, but I think at this time the higher Pandora bitrates are only available on web-based players (ie, not available on Sonos either).

pski
2010-11-11, 17:24
i don't know about slacker, but the old threads on pandora still apply: The 192kbps streaming that comes with a paid pandoraone account is _not_ available on sbs. Apparently the pandora folks still haven't provided the necessary api for the sb folks to make it happen. I could be wrong, but i think at this time the higher pandora bitrates are only available on web-based players (ie, not available on sonos either).

+1

toby10
2010-11-12, 03:38
I think Slacker is 128k regardless of subscription type (free or paid).

virgiliomi
2010-11-12, 05:08
I think Slacker is 128k regardless of subscription type (free or paid).

This is correct. The benefits of paying for Slacker include ad-free listening, but also the ability to cache stations on a mobile device (iOS devices, Blackberry, and Android all support it), unlimited song requests on custom stations, and more.