PDA

View Full Version : Switching Libraries

Littlewing
2010-11-07, 11:34
How can I get the SB to look at a music file on my laptop other than the one in itunes?

rgro
2010-11-07, 11:50
How can I get the SB to look at a music file on my laptop other than the one in itunes?

Assuming you have SBS installed somewhere, you'll just need to go into Settings (lower right corner of the SBS main page). The first thing that should come up is the Basic Settings page. On there, you'll see the settings boxes for choosing your Music and Playlists folder that SBS points to. Should be easy from there on.....

Littlewing
2010-11-07, 13:29
Thanks, Rick

I'm not even close to being a technophile so bear with me.
Here's the deal.
Art Good has a weekly on-demand show, "Jazz Trax" that I download to my laptop and I want to listen to it the SB. The show can't be played on itunes.
How exactly do I get it to play on the SB. It usually plays on the Windows Media player. Can I download the show and find it by browsing in the two places you mention?
Thanks

rgro
2010-11-07, 13:39
Thanks, Rick

Here's the deal.
Art Good has a weekly on-demand show, "Jazz Trax" that I download to my laptop and I want to listen to it the SB. The show can't be played on itunes.
How exactly do I get it to play on the SB. It usually plays on the Windows Media player. Can I download the show and find it by browsing in the two places you mention?
Thanks

If you have either the SHOUTcast or Live365 applications available on your My Applications menu, I'd go to their search function and type in "Jazz Trax". I did and got a result back....not sure if that's what you want, but you can start there....

pski
2010-11-07, 14:16
Thanks, Rick

Here's the deal.
Thanks

No need to switch libraries !

Create a <sub> folder in your usual music folder (as told to SBS.) Make it early in the alphabet (like aaa.)

Add the desired show to that folder. You may need to look into Audacity which lets you "record" a web stream to disk. Then:

Main menu/music folder/

Select the aaa folder. Anything not already in the music library will be added to the music library. Additionally, you can select the show to play..

P