PDA

View Full Version : SiriusXm

jbloewheedle
2010-11-06, 13:41
Hi:
I have a XM account for my car radio(in Canada) and am looking to play it through squeezebox in my home. I notice under the settings\plugins I see that the Sirius plugin is checked but I cant find anything in the web interface. Thanks for any suggestions.
One other quick question, I am running 7.3.3 (don't laugh)on a Mac with OSX 10.4. I really have no issues at all, and am worried about upgrading, is the latest version worth the risk? I know this is a subjective question, but any opinions are more than welcome.
Thanks.

garym
2010-11-06, 14:02
Hi:
I have a XM account for my car radio(in Canada) and am looking to play it through squeezebox in my home. I notice under the settings\plugins I see that the Sirius plugin is checked but I cant find anything in the web interface. Thanks for any suggestions.
One other quick question, I am running 7.3.3 (don't laugh)on a Mac with OSX 10.4. I really have no issues at all, and am worried about upgrading, is the latest version worth the risk? I know this is a subjective question, but any opinions are more than welcome.
Thanks.

you need the xmradio plug in. I use this and it works nicely. even though merged, sirus and xm are two different things at the moment (in your car or on squeezebox)

jbloewheedle
2010-11-06, 14:14
Thanks Gary:
I downloaded the plugin, how do I load it or get SC to find it?

garym
2010-11-06, 17:04
Thanks Gary:
I downloaded the plugin, how do I load it or get SC to find it?

shouldn't have to download it exactly. Go to SbS > Settings > Plugins Tab. Check the box to "show 3rd party plugins" and you should then see xmradio plugin in the list. Check the box next to it, click apply, the restart SbS. It will then be installed. You then go back to plugins, and the settings button next to xmradio. You'll need to enter your xmradio credentials, then xmradio will show up under internet radio.

p.s. Only works if you're running SbS on your own computer. Doesn't work if just running mysqueezebox.com

jbloewheedle
2010-11-06, 17:48
Thanks again. I think it's time to update, my SC 7.3.3 doesn't have that option in the settings\plugins tab.

garym
2010-11-06, 17:50
i think maybe the plugin requires 7.4 or 7.5 anyhow. I've had very good luck with 7.5.2. Its the official 7.5.1 with a couple of very minor bug fixes. Very stable.

ralphy
2010-11-07, 04:00
Should be no need to upgrade the "(not so) sirius plugin" works with 7.3.4.

In Canada you need to use the (not so) sirius internet plugin and you also need to disable the logitech bundled "sirius plugin" or the two fight each other.

Just add

http://notsosirius-squeezecenter.googlecode.com/svn/tags/repo.xml

to the Extension downloader and you'll see the plugin listed.

garym
2010-11-07, 06:09
Should be no need to upgrade the "(not so) sirius plugin" works with 7.3.4.

In Canada you need to use the (not so) sirius internet plugin and you also need to disable the logitech bundled "sirius plugin" or the two fight each other.

Just add

http://notsosirius-squeezecenter.googlecode.com/svn/tags/repo.xml

to the Extension downloader and you'll see the plugin listed.

But I think the OP is using xmradio not sirius. (unless I musunderstood, or something is different in Candada). In the US, I have to use the xmradio plugin for my XM account. The sirius plugin won't work for my xm account.)

ralphy
2010-11-08, 04:47
But I think the OP is using xmradio not sirius. (unless I musunderstood, or something is different in Candada). In the US, I have to use the xmradio plugin for my XM account. The sirius plugin won't work for my xm account.)

They've merged and are now called Sirius XM radio in Canada.

garym
2010-11-08, 05:41
They've merged and are now called Sirius XM radio in Canada.

They merged in US as well. But they are still separate systems here. My xm car radio can't pick up Sirius. And my SbS requires me to use my xm account info and xmradio plugin. The Sirius plugin doesn't work with my xmradio credentials.

rkalov
2011-02-05, 17:48
I'M a lifetime member of SirusXM. I have it now on My network of Logitech players. I got a premium online SirusXM. I logon the Sirus app and now I have both. I also had the XM third party downloaded that plays only on the server. Now I don't need it. Sometimes some of the channels keep buffering on and off but some play continuous. I can't understand why this happens. Maybe its the weather?

garym
2011-02-06, 06:19
I'M a lifetime member of SirusXM. I have it now on My network of Logitech players. I got a premium online SirusXM. I logon the Sirus app and now I have both. I also had the XM third party downloaded that plays only on the server. Now I don't need it. Sometimes some of the channels keep buffering on and off but some play continuous. I can't understand why this happens. Maybe its the weather?

correct, the xmplugin discussed in this thread is no longer necessary (and no longer works). Anyone reading this should simply go to mysqueezebox.com, app gallery, install the sirius app, give it your xm or sirius internet stream credentials, and it all works (on your local SbS or even through mysqueezebox.com.

mario21
2011-02-06, 09:49
My Siriusxm, since this morning, doesn't work. Am i the only one?

garym
2011-02-06, 09:51
My Siriusxm, since this morning, doesn't work. Am i the only one?

yes, things have changed. see toward end of this thread for your solution.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=85419