PDA

View Full Version : "Other Players" Plugin gone?

TheRooster2000
2010-10-31, 10:03
Hi all!

After I reinstalled Squeezebox Server I also wanted to have the "Other Players" plugin active in SbS again.

Is this plugin not available anymore? I cannot find it in the "3rd Party Plugins" list of SbS anymore...

Where is it gone?
Christian

kidstypike
2010-10-31, 12:44
Hi all!

After I reinstalled Squeezebox Server I also wanted to have the "Other Players" plugin active in SbS again.

Is this plugin not available anymore? I cannot find it in the "3rd Party Plugins" list of SbS anymore...

Where is it gone?
Christian

Hi Christian

I'm running 7.6 here, so I don't know if 7.5 is the same, but instead of "Other players" there's "Switch Player", this seems to be enabled by default. Problem is that although "Switch Player" is available on my Boom & Classic, (and can push or pull a playlist to or from my Touch or Radio), it doesn't show on the Touch or Radio, unless of course I'm missing something?
If it's on Boom & Classic, it's probably on your Transporter.

david_f1976
2010-11-01, 02:19
Hi all!

Where is it gone?
Christian

I had this problem recently and had to install it manually. It's available from here:
http://www.thespicers.net/squeezebox-stuff/other-players

TheRooster2000
2010-11-01, 10:11
Hi kidstypike,

yes, I've already seen "Switch Player". Might be a nice alternative for "Other Plugins"...

@ david:

I had this problem recently and had to install it manually. It's available from here:
http://www.thespicers.net/squeezebox-stuff/other-players

Could you please describe how the manual installation is done on a QNAP NAS?

Thanks for your help!
Christian

david_f1976
2010-11-02, 01:26
@ david:

Could you please describe how the manual installation is done on a QNAP NAS?

Thanks for your help!
Christian

Not 100% sure on your NAS, but basically go to your Squeezebox Server webpage and select the Information tab (I think) and find your plugins path/directory. Download the plugin and unzip it to that directory. Restart Squeezebox Server and it should appear

TheRooster2000
2010-11-02, 13:36
Hi david,

thanks for your advice! But I just found out that it's much easier than that!

On QNAP NAS devices SSOTS is used to get SbS up and running. To install plugins you just have to create a folder named "Plugins" in the Public directory of your QNAP and unzip the desired plugin (e.g. "Other Players") there.
Afterwards you can use the "import plugins" function of SSOTS. Just one click and that's it!
"Other Players" appears in the Squeezebox menue and can be used as desired.

Cool :)
Christian

david_f1976
2010-11-03, 00:54
Hi david,

thanks for your advice! But I just found out that it's much easier than that!

On QNAP NAS devices SSOTS is used to get SbS up and running. To install plugins you just have to create a folder named "Plugins" in the Public directory of your QNAP and unzip the desired plugin (e.g. "Other Players") there.
Afterwards you can use the "import plugins" function of SSOTS. Just one click and that's it!
"Other Players" appears in the Squeezebox menue and can be used as desired.

Cool :)
Christian

Glad to hear you got it sorted