PDA

View Full Version : Random album

JerryS
2010-10-31, 02:05
I have just 'discovered' the ability to play random albums through 'Random Mix' and find this a good way to expose myself to music that I would not normally pick from choice. However, is it possible to play just one random album without another automatically being selected when the first one is finished? This continuous selection produces some pretty inappropriate juxtapositions in my varied collections!

Jerry

JerryS
2010-10-31, 15:15
Ah, unchecking the 'add new items when old one finished' tick-box does it. Sorry, should have spotted that earlier. Perfect now.........

Jerry

TiredLegs
2010-11-01, 11:36
You can also set Random Mix to only select albums from specific genres, to prevent, for example, heavy metal following light classical.

bakker_be
2010-11-11, 06:35
Another option is to use MusicIP + Spicefly Sugarcube: let the random mix pick one album, without adding items when it's done, and Spicefly Sugarcube will continue adding separate but matching songs to the end of your queue for each track played.

Philip Meyer
2010-11-11, 10:11
>You can also set Random Mix to only select albums from specific genres,
>to prevent, for example, heavy metal following light classical.

That doesn't work if you have multiple genres on tags. eg. you are selecting inclusion filters, not exclusion filters.