PDA

View Full Version : Turning Screen Completely Off?

bjast
2010-10-26, 07:03
I'm am a new user to the forum, and am considering purchasing a Squeezebox Touch. It would help my purchased decision if I could get a few quick answers:

1. Is it possible to set the Touch to turn the display completely off, or dim the display entirely, while the unit is still playing music?

2. Does this have to done manually, or is there a timeout feature where this will take place automatically? - (Black wallpaper?)

3. How much of a challenge would it be to get the Touch to cooperate with a Buffalo Linkstation Live?

Thanks for your assistance.

JohnSwenson
2010-10-26, 15:31
I'm am a new user to the forum, and am considering purchasing a Squeezebox Touch. It would help my purchased decision if I could get a few quick answers:

1. Is it possible to set the Touch to turn the display completely off, or dim the display entirely, while the unit is still playing music?

2. Does this have to done manually, or is there a timeout feature where this will take place automatically? - (Black wallpaper?)

3. How much of a challenge would it be to get the Touch to cooperate with a Buffalo Linkstation Live?

Thanks for your assistance.

On 1 and 2, there is a screen off screensaver which you can choose for any of the Touch "Modes" (playing, stopped, "off"). You can set the screensaver delay for each of the modes.

On 3, I don't know, someone else will have to answer that.

John S.

toby10
2010-10-27, 06:54
I'd suggest posting your Buffalo Linkstation question in the 3rd Party Hardware forum on here.
That unit is even mentioned in the description of that forum so there is likely many users of that combination in there that could help. :)

bjast
2010-10-27, 07:29
Thanks for your help with my display questions. I'll take my NAS hardware question to the proper forum.

toby10
2010-10-27, 08:23
Thanks for your help with my display questions. I'll take my NAS hardware question to the proper forum.

Well, it's not that this is necessarily the "wrong" forum, I just think you would get better and quicker answers to NAS type questions in there. ;)
Might be that 30 minutes of reading in that forum may even answer your questions and possibly even give you some great tweak ideas.
Good luck!