PDA

View Full Version : Problems connection to server

mipnet
2010-10-12, 13:48
My squeezebox-server is on a machine with ip 10.0.0.6
This machine is on cable to a switch which connects with cable to my wireless router with the ip 192.168.1.1.
Connected to the wireless router (with cable) I have a Squeezebox 3 which is running perfectly.
Then I have to Squeezebox Radio's that are connected wireless to my router. Theese two cannot connect to my server on 10.0.0.6. This I cannot understand.

Anyone can see what is my problem?

pski
2010-10-12, 15:38
My squeezebox-server is on a machine with ip 10.0.0.6
This machine is on cable to a switch which connects with cable to my wireless router with the ip 192.168.1.1.
Connected to the wireless router (with cable) I have a Squeezebox 3 which is running perfectly.
Then I have to Squeezebox Radio's that are connected wireless to my router. Theese two cannot connect to my server on 10.0.0.6. This I cannot understand.

Anyone can see what is my problem?

Hi! Your server is not on the same network as the other boxes that can't talk to it. Please reply with what kind of router (and model) and what operating system you are using.

It sounds like you should open a web browser and type (in the address bar, not "search")

http://192.168.1.254

If this does not show you a login screen or a menu, you need to see above and reply.

If you get a login screen, try user admin and no password.

If this does not show you a login screen or a menu, you need to see above and reply.

If you get a menu, you will find the DHCP server settings of your router and DISABLE the DHCP service.

Right now you seem to have 2 different devices (probably your router and your cable/dsl modem) that are both giving out IP addresses. When a device (computer or squeezebox) gets an address from a DHCP server, it will keep using it whenever possible. Your "working" squeezebox got an address from the DHCP server (either your router or modem) that worked and it (they) are still asking for the same one each time they turn-on.

Type back for more help.

P

mipnet
2010-10-12, 23:54
Thanks for the detailed answer.

I have a Netgear router and I have accessed it through http://192.168.1.1.
I tried to uncheck the 'Use Router as DHCP Server'.
However that didn't seem to change anythinig.

In the router I have a status list of attached devices.
1 192.168.1.2 STUEAFSPILLER 00:04:20:12:7a:ac (working squeezebox 3)
2 192.168.1.4 SQUEEZEBOX 00:04:20:27:64:75 (squeezebox radio)
3 192.168.1.6 SQUEEZEBOX 00:04:20:27:67:6b (squeezebox radio)

I think that the working squeezebox might be working properly because it let me type in the ip 10.0.0.6. That option doesn't seem to be an option in the squeezebox radios.

tedfroop
2010-10-13, 06:30
The two are on different subnets. unless there is a reason for it I would correct that.
Can you describe your network a little better please. Start with your connection to the internet. Let us know which port (wan/lan) the wire connects to on your router or routers.