PDA

View Full Version : Transporter gets warm

jp73
2010-10-11, 05:44
Hi
just got a transporter and I had to reset it twice today. It showed now playing but actually didn't play at all.

After a reset (power of / on with 1 pressed on the remote) it would play again.

Now I just noticed that the case is quite warm. Is this a problem? I didn't expect it to become warm.
It's in a small opening in a cabinet with no vents......I'm wondering if I'm asking for trouble.

Skinny
2010-10-12, 11:53
Hi
just got a transporter and I had to reset it twice today. It showed now playing but actually didn't play at all.

After a reset (power of / on with 1 pressed on the remote) it would play again.

Now I just noticed that the case is quite warm. Is this a problem? I didn't expect it to become warm.
It's in a small opening in a cabinet with no vents......I'm wondering if I'm asking for trouble.

I have no personal experience with the Transporter, but I do have a Boom which has the same kind of display (VFD) of which the Transporter has two. I can tell you that the display on the Boom gets warm, you can feel it radiating from a few centimetres away. Also, the Transporter has an internal PSU which must add to the heat inside the case. So considering all this, I would expect the Transporter to become somewhat warm, hopefully not hot though..

-Skinny

ftlight
2010-10-12, 12:27
I can tell you that the display on the Boom gets warm, you can feel it radiating from a few centimetres away.

-Skinny

I have my Boom on the kitchen counter, and I quite often find a cat curled up against the display when I get up in the morning.

Bill

cliveb
2010-10-13, 00:57
Depends what you mean by "warm". My Transporter certainly gets slightly warmer than its surroundings - put your hand on it and you can feel it. I've never measured the temperature but would say it's around about body temperature - so let's guess about 35-40 Celsius. It definitely should not get hot.

Chewie
2010-10-13, 02:52
My Transporter gets warm to the touch, nothing like my Bryston amps which get hot! I would say itís probably 25-30 Deg C when on and not much cooler when off.

jp73
2010-10-14, 08:15
I can't measure it but it much warmer than bodytemp, but not hot. So I gues its normal.
Thanks for al your replies