PDA

View Full Version : Touch Display All Jumbled

souwalker
2010-10-07, 15:34
Hi

Last night, I turned on Touch and I got a screen with jumbled text. From what I could read, the message says that there was an error or issue but did not say what. It then gave me the option to send the error to Logitech, I presumme but I chose not to.

Have ayone seen this before and what may be the cause?

Rgds
Patrick

JJZolx
2010-10-07, 17:32
If there was a major software meltdown then it's not surprising that the display would be jumbled. An area in memory that controls the display may have been corrupted. I'd only be worried if it happened and there _wasn't_ a system halt due to an error, which might indicate a hardware failure of some kind.

iPhone
2010-10-07, 17:49
No ideas come to mind and have never seen it do that.

Did you press the reset button on the back of the Touch by the power connector as a means to resolve it?

souwalker
2010-10-07, 19:34
No ideas come to mind and have never seen it do that.

Did you press the reset button on the back of the Touch by the power connector as a means to resolve it?

I just touched the screen thast say 'no to send error' or something. Once I did that, the screen came back to normal.

The jumbled text was only text. It was a black screen with text all over. Some overlapping and superimposed over the other.

Rgds