PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm... the entire Squeeze line is gone?

toby10
2010-10-07, 09:10
www.Logitech.com > Products > Audio

There used to be a whole section for WiFi players (SqueezeBox), but the entire category is missing.
Maybe just a site update?

alfista
2010-10-07, 09:13
Must have been, they're there now (at least for US, UK and Sweden which I considered a sample big enough)

toby10
2010-10-07, 09:18
odd... it keeps taking me to www.Logitech.com/en-za?

Is that New Zeeland? Zambia?

nicketynick
2010-10-07, 09:21
odd... it keeps taking me to www.Logitech.com/en-za?

Is that New Zeeland? Zambia?

Generally, za is South Africa. Web domains are .co.za (like uk, except za)

toby10
2010-10-07, 09:25
Generally, za is South Africa. Web domains are .co.za (like uk, except za)

That is weird. I'm in Ohio USA, but I am on a public wifi.
But every other site I go to is the correct US site.

tcutting
2010-10-07, 09:47
I had the same thing happen to me the other day. On the main Logitech site, there should be a "location" button - from there select USA, and you should be able to find the products again.

iPhone
2010-10-07, 10:29
That is weird. I'm in Ohio USA, but I am on a public wifi.
But every other site I go to is the correct US site.

Did you try typing the URL in directly?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/home

aubuti
2010-10-07, 11:04
I had the same thing happen to me the other day. On the main Logitech site, there should be a "location" button - from there select USA, and you should be able to find the products again.
The Logitech website also puts me in unexpected places sometimes. I'm not sure why, but my best guess is that it's because it's one of the rare sites where I often try different locations because of discussions on this forum about what is or is not available in different countries. So the cookie gets set to something I'm not expecting the next time I visit.

Which is completely different from what Google appears to do, which is to use my IP address to figure out what country I'm in, and then automatically change its site to match. Very funny when you're in a country and don't know the language, or even the alphabet....

JJZolx
2010-10-07, 11:30
This happens all the time. The web site application decides to put you into one of the 50 or so different language and location-specific sites. On the home page there's 'Change location' icon in the lower left.

toby10
2010-10-07, 12:12
This happens all the time. The web site application decides to put you into one of the 50 or so different language and location-specific sites. On the home page there's 'Change location' icon in the lower left.

THANK YOU! :)

I never saw that before, nor have I ever not been taken to the US site before.

iPhone: yup, tried typing the URL directly into my browser, kept taking me to en-za? Now I'm correctly on en-us.

I've been to South Africa before, beautiful country, but not where I want to shop for WiFi Music Players. ;)

Thanks guys.

iPhone
2010-10-07, 18:02
After clicking on a Logitech link inside a tread from somebody in the EU, Safari kept taking me to the German site every time I typed Logitech dot Com. It must have been a cookie thing because after I cleared the cache, it was normal again. Also when I wanted to go back to that German Logitech site even putting in the correct URL it defaulted to the en-us site. Its got to be cookie/cache related.

And Toby10, sorry I meant for you to click on the link I put in the post but I said type it in for some bizarre reason. Must have been because I was going to be typing the link for you to click on.