PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP - Display playlist issues

didjean
2010-10-05, 06:01
Since a couple of days, I am having fun with MusicIP.

Iíve tried the Spicefly plugin which works great but doesnít give an overview of the songs that are going to be played (just the next song).

I wanted to be able to create a playlist such as the Random mix option. So I am now using the standard plugin which seems to answer better my needs.

With this plugin, when I create and play a mix, I can display the song currently playing but canít really display the whole playlist neither deleting a song from that playlist.

Moreover as soon as my player is playing the next song, it displays shortly an error message.

Is this a normal behaviour form that plugin or should I do/set up something specific ?

Many thanks for your answers

didjean
2010-10-15, 02:39
Someone using MusicIP who could answer me ;-)?

Nonreality
2010-10-16, 21:40
Someone using MusicIP who could answer me ;-)?

The error message is not something I can help with but the spicefly workings is how it should work as it mixes on the fly and uses the songs before to pick another. It is a surprise type of mixing and it will go on all day as it picks a new song based on the ones before it. You might try posting in the 3rd part app forum as to your error. Also the error is not standard with the usual Musicip mix. When I do it I have it set for 30 songs and it shows me all of them as it starts. I hope I helped a bit. Oh you have had MusicIP scan all your music right? It's slow but you have to do that. The company no longer is really around but the program still works fine.

didjean
2010-10-18, 04:54
Thx for your answer :-) Yeah indeed, MusicIP has scanned my music.

Just to be clear: when I create a mix with the standard plugin

> I get a proposed playlist
> I choose to play all tracks from that playlist.
> I go in the Now Playing screen and I can see which track is playing

BUT It seems it doesn't create a real playlist as a random mix would do:

>I can't really get a global view of the playlist again. if I try to do so, I've got a very strange behaviour on the display
> So I can't even delete a track that I don't want to hear.

I just wanted to know if this was the "normal" behaviour...

aubuti
2010-10-18, 05:35
It depends on what you mean by "the standard plugin." If you mean MusicIP plugin without Spicefly then MusicIP should generate a playlist that can be viewed in the various Squeezebox interfaces. I haven't used Spicefly Sugarcube in a while, but my vague recollection is that the behavior is similar to what you describe. If you don't want that, the first thing is to confirm that you have Spicefly disabled.

Also, how are you trying to look at the MusicIP playlists? Via the SB Controller, web interface, Touch screen, SB3/Boom/etc screen, iPeng, or what? Have you tried multiple ways and been unable to see the playlist on each one?

didjean
2010-10-18, 05:45
MusicIP plugin without Spicefly.

I tried to view the playlist on Squeezeplay players (controller, touch & radio). Didn't try on SB3 niether on web interface.

I can view the playlist when it has just been created but can't anymore (strange behaviour) when playing.

Question: are we normally able to delete a song in the playlist ? (->i can't do that).

aubuti
2010-10-18, 07:45
Try the web ui and see what you get in the right-side pane. It should also be viewable in the squeezeplay-based players. For example, on the Controller all I do is go to Now Playing and then press the center button and there is my MusicIP playlist.

To answer your question, yes, you should be able to delete a song in the playlist. If using the web ui you can also re-order tracks via drag-and-drop within the right pane.

didjean
2010-10-18, 07:53
Try the web ui and see what you get in the right-side pane. It should also be viewable in the squeezeplay-based players. For example, on the Controller all I do is go to Now Playing and then press the center button and there is my MusicIP playlist.

To answer your question, yes, you should be able to delete a song in the playlist. If using the web ui you can also re-order tracks via drag-and-drop within the right pane.

Many thanks for your answer. now it's clear for me: I'll do some more test tonight. I have probably a performance issue or something that is not pefectly installed.

Cheers !

didjean
2011-08-23, 00:31
For the first time, MusicIP works like a charm with the latest 7.6.1 release. I can create and access playlists!

Many thanks to the dev team! :-)