PDA

View Full Version : Screen Responsiveness

Marvt74
2010-10-04, 07:58
Hiya

I've just bought a Touch (minutes ago) and have just sat back at my desk and had the worry that the screen might be crap (as i found it was on my old Harmony 1000)

Has anyone had any isues with the screen?

ralphpnj
2010-10-04, 10:45
Hiya

I've just bought a Touch (minutes ago) and have just sat back at my desk and had the worry that the screen might be crap (as i found it was on my old Harmony 1000)

Has anyone had any isues with the screen?

I would say that the screen is overly responsive, as in it's very sensitive and responds to the slightest of touches. As someone who eschews touch screens and who's touch screen abilities are well below par I often end up making the Touch perform tasks which I never intended. In other words, the Touch's touch screen works great, it's my fat fingers that need some help. Luckily the remote also works great and I end up using a combination of the screen and remote to achieve the desired task.

Mnyb
2010-10-04, 10:51
Are you using with a server or as a standalone player with USB disc ?

If using it standalone with USB disc let it scan completely before you try to use it all, this can take long time depending on size of colection etc.

iPhone
2010-10-04, 10:53
I would say that the screen is overly responsive, as in it's very sensitive and responds to the slightest of touches. As someone who eschews touch screens and who's touch screen abilities are well below par I often end up making the Touch perform tasks which I never intended. In other words, the Touch's touch screen works great, it's my fat fingers that need some help. Luckily the remote also works great and I end up using a combination of the screen and remote to achieve the desired task.

Here awaits your Solution (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=capacitive+stylus&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13534971987067063925&ei=IxSqTKCeBYGBlAfK6ujYDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers) for less then $15. Enjoy accurate touching!

ralphpnj
2010-10-04, 10:58
Here awaits your Solution (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=capacitive+stylus&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13534971987067063925&ei=IxSqTKCeBYGBlAfK6ujYDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers) for less then $15. Enjoy accurate touching!

Thanks, iPhone! I have a few old styli lying around from past attempts at PDAs and other now dead tech so I'll give one of them a try.

firedog
2010-10-05, 12:00
Hi-

I don't find it too responsive. Rather I find it too small for its intended use. On the more crowded screens (such as an album song list or playlist) it is easy to accidentally press the wrong line, as they are close together.

Also the "buttons" like "next" and "repeat" on the "Now Playing" screen are too close together, and the wrong one is also often accidentally pressed.

In addition, I think to really be useful from across a room (even about 3m), the screen needs to be significantly larger.

All that said, since I sit close to the Touch at my listening position. I liked it enough that I sold my Duet controller, as it became clear to me that it had become just a paper weight.