PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Server Home>Artist...weird

souwalker
2010-10-01, 22:17
Hi

In my NAS, all my CDs are filed in Music>Artist>Album.

I've got a 'Various Artists' folder, which is in the 'Artist' folder, where all my compilation CDs are. I ripped via dbPoweramp and all the directories are working fine for me.

Yesterday, I was scanning newly added FLACS and when I looked at the Squeezebox Server software under Home>Artist, I see 2 artist which are not in my NAS. One is called 'VA' which has one song from the album 'Grease', and another one called '<Various Artist> which has 2 CDS in it.

Where did the 'VA' and '<Various Artist>' come from? It's not in my NAS and those files in the VA and <Various Artist> are in the 'Various Artists' folder in my NAS.

How do I get rid of the 'VA' and '<Various Artist>' in the SBS? I did a clear library and rescan everything hoping that since my NAS do not have those 2 artist, a rescan would fix it. Did not.

Any clues and how to remove them?

Thanks
Patrick

JJZolx
2010-10-01, 22:32
Those strings must be in the file tags. Look for 'VA' and 'Various Artist' in either ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST tags within the files from those albums. Then remove them.

souwalker
2010-10-02, 18:06
Those strings must be in the file tags. Look for 'VA' and 'Various Artist' in either ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST tags within the files from those albums. Then remove them.

Ah....thanks :-)

Once I do this, do I need to re-scan?

Pat

JJZolx
2010-10-02, 18:12
Once I do this, do I need to re-scan?

Yes. You can try the quicker 'new and changed' scan. It will probably move the edited tracks to their proper place, but leave the two unwanted artists behind. A full 'clear and rescan everything' should set it all straight.