PDA

View Full Version : One cover not displaying

markmanner
2010-10-01, 13:42
Hi, I have a modest collection of around 400 cds and downloaded flac files (a few in 24/96). I just set up two Sqeezebox Touch's, and they are working great. However, for some reason, all of the coverart shows up fine on the computer running SBS and the 2 SB Touch units, EXCEPT for one(it happens to be Valerie Joyce'"new york blue"). The cover for this album doesn't appear to be in any way unique,the jpg file location, naming scheme, size, image dimesions, etc. are no different from the other 400 that show up. I have tried removing the folder with the album flac files and cover image and then rescanning after clearing the cache, but his didn't work. Is there a way to manually go in and put a link to the cover? Or some other trick?
Thanks very much,
Mark Manner

Phil Leigh
2010-10-02, 02:13
Hi, I have a modest collection of around 400 cds and downloaded flac files (a few in 24/96). I just set up two Sqeezebox Touch's, and they are working great. However, for some reason, all of the coverart shows up fine on the computer running SBS and the 2 SB Touch units, EXCEPT for one(it happens to be Valerie Joyce'"new york blue"). The cover for this album doesn't appear to be in any way unique,the jpg file location, naming scheme, size, image dimesions, etc. are no different from the other 400 that show up. I have tried removing the folder with the album flac files and cover image and then rescanning after clearing the cache, but his didn't work. Is there a way to manually go in and put a link to the cover? Or some other trick?
Thanks very much,
Mark Manner
Use MP3Tag to actually embed the image into the album track files...

markmanner
2010-10-02, 07:04
Thanks Phil.

linvale
2010-10-02, 09:06
I just had the same problem after adding a new album to the collection. But I thought I had embedded the art, and had a 'folder.jpg' in the folder. The art was only not showing up on the radio/controller/squeezeplay but was there on the squeezecenter web UI. A complete rescan cleared the problem so I presume it was a caching issue - am I correct that this is probably caused by me not setting up the art when first ripped and not detected by a partial rescan looking for new and changed files. Easily fixed, but requires a little care.

JJZolx
2010-10-02, 09:15
A full 'clear and rescan' usually solves the problem with missing artwork. If that doesn't work, an outside guess might be that the jpeg image is actually a mislabeled bitmap, but you should be able to tell that from the file size. If so, just download another one.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?q=valerie+joyce

JJZolx
2010-10-02, 09:20
A complete rescan cleared the problem so I presume it was a caching issue - am I correct that this is probably caused by me not setting up the art when first ripped and not detected by a partial rescan looking for new and changed files.

Yes, that's correct. A 'new and changed' scan won't find a newly added artwork file if a previous new an changed scan had found none. It's been a head scratcher for a lot of people for many years. Hopefully, some changes to artwork scanning in 7.6 will fix this.

markmanner
2010-10-02, 09:47
My issue was solved. I downloaded mp3tag, but before using it, tried one more time clear/rescan, but this time I changed the name of the jpg in the album folder to "cover.jpg". I had tried various names before, including 'coverart.jpg', 'folder.jpg', and 'album name.jpg', none of which worked. This time, the cover got picked up in the scan using 'cover.jpg'. Perhaps something else happened, but in any event, I am glad it is fixed, and also glad to have the mp3tag program, as it looks very useful. Thanks, Mark