PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox DHCP Renew?

the-ninth
2010-09-28, 11:41
Hi,

How do I get my Squeezebox Classic & Boom to do a DHCP renew?

I changed my network setup and the DNS server now has a different IP address. My Windows clients got the change after a DHCP renew, but both Squeezeboxes are stuck with the old settings.

The lease time of the DHCP server is only 12 hours, so actually the Squeezeboxes should have renewed already anyway. Not sure why they did not.

Thanks, Robert

toby10
2010-09-28, 11:48
Try actually unplugging both players, plug back in, may be all that is needed.

If not, just press & hold the LEFT arrow to enter Setup, then go through the Setup again.
If WiFi they should remember the encryption type & password, you will just have to select them again.

the-ninth
2010-09-28, 21:10
Hi Toby,

Thanks for your response. In the setup menu I saw that the SB actually already has the new DNS.

But still, when I play radio stations from my Favorites folder it says that it cannot resolve the IP. And the Internet Radio menu entry is completely gone from the SB. When I open the SB Server web interface, then under Internet Radio I only see "Tune In URL" but no stations.

I'll open a seperate thread for that, since it does not seem to be a DHCP problem.

Regards, Robert

Mnyb
2010-09-28, 21:22
Hi Toby,

Thanks for your response. In the setup menu I saw that the SB actually already has the new DNS.

But still, when I play radio stations from my Favorites folder it says that it cannot resolve the IP. And the Internet Radio menu entry is completely gone from the SB. When I open the SB Server web interface, then under Internet Radio I only see "Tune In URL" but no stations.

I'll open a seperate thread for that, since it does not seem to be a DHCP problem.

Regards, Robert

In this case it is squeezeboxserver itself that can not see the internet or having DNS problems not the players ,do you run sbs on the NAS ?

Btw do you have your mysqueezebox.com credentials set in squeezeboxserver ?

the-ninth
2010-09-28, 21:31
In this case it is squeezeboxserver itself that can not see the internet or having DNS problems not the players ,do you run sbs on the NAS ?

Thanks, that fixed it!

The NAS that runs my SB server uses static IP configuration, and I forgot to update the settings there.

Cheers, Robert