PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver stops and starts by itself

Craig, James (IT)
2004-08-31, 07:21
Tore,
while SlimServer is running, if you go to the web page http://localhost:9000/log.txt you'll see the latest entries to the log.
(if that doesn't work try the IP address of your server in the place of 'localhost')

Unfortunately this is not accessible once the SlimServer has crashed,
so try running slim.exe (in Program Files/SlimServer/Server) from a command tool.

You should see the log messages on the screen - now try and repeat the server crash!

James
_____

From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Tore Johnsson
Sent: 31 August 2004 15:06
To: 'Slim Devices Discussion'
Subject: SV: [slim] Slimserver stops and starts by itself

Thanks for your answer

I am sorry but I don´t know which plugin that is yours.

From the default settings for plugins - I have only added Winamp and Itunes Updater (could Itunes be the problem since I don´t see any tunes from my musiclibrary). I have also moved Shoutcast Internet radio position to the position under Now Playing.

Please tell me how I can have a look at the output from Slimserver.

I search for the logfile but can´t find it.

I would be happy if you could show me how to solve it.

Kind Regards

Tore

_____

Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Craig, James (IT)
Skickat: den 31 augusti 2004 15:48
Till: Slim Devices Discussion
Ämne: [slim] Slimserver stops and starts by itself

Hi Tore,

are you using my plugin - I hope that's not the problem?!

You should have a look at the output from SlimServer when it crashes to see what the problem is.

The FAQ says to use the parameter --logfile <file> but I can only get that to work with slimserver.pl not slimserver.exe?

James

_____

From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Tore Johnsson
Sent: 31 August 2004 11:13
To: 'Slim Devices Discussion'
Subject: [slim] Slimserver stops and starts by itself

I´ve got problem with the Slimserver who shut off itself and restarts after 2-3 minutes.

To clarify: I have been running Slimserver 5.2.1 since 2 weeks in the same way as now without problem

Today I started SB with Slimserver running. Press play in Browse genres-jazz and shuffle (and without shuffle) and when the tune is ended and supposed to change to next tune, SB give a message "Lost connection to the server.." and SB shut off.

After 2-3 minutes it starts in the same position as before and plays next tune after which SB shows message and shut off. This happen repeatedly.

I have Winamp and Itunes in Plugins if this could be the reason.

Please advise how to solve this problem.

Kind Regards

Tore

_____

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.