PDA

View Full Version : No album artwork for mp3's with tiny sbs

zen2000
2010-09-15, 06:14
Hello, ever since the 7.5 to 7.5.1 update I have not been able to see any embedded album artwork for my mp3 files on the tiny sbs. However, the artwork appears when I connect to the touch using SBS running from my computer.

The strange thing is the the Flac files display the embedded artwork correctly on the tiny sbs. I deleted the squeezebox directory on the hard drive several times and let the server rebuild but still do not see images for mp3 files. I went through my music with mp3 tag and made sure the artwork was not too big, etc.

Updating to 7.5.2 does not make any difference. Anyone with suggestions?

808htfan
2010-09-15, 21:26
I've noticed that with TinySBS my mp3s that are separated by albums (as in an album per folder) show artwork, but the bunch of singles etc. from different albums I have bunched together in one folder don't. The full/separate album folders also have a folder.jpg though. Almost everything has embedded artwork. My Flac's show artwork all the time, I think... Also, haven't used anything but 7.5.1 w/ my Touch.

thunderlips
2010-09-20, 07:13
Hello, ever since the 7.5 to 7.5.1 update I have not been able to see any embedded album artwork for my mp3 files on the tiny sbs.

I don't get artwork with 7.5.1 either.

You could try the 7.6 beta.
I do get artwork with that and everything works nicely but you'll probably be annoyed by the beta update reminders that happen every few days.

If you use it you'll need to delete the squeezebox folders and rescan.

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.6

thunderlips
2010-09-20, 07:18
I've noticed that with TinySBS my mp3s that are separated by albums (as in an album per folder) show artwork,

That's exactly how my mp3's are arranged and I still see no artwork with 7.5.1.

Maybe it could have something to do with embedded vs an actual .jpg being in the folder?

All my mp3's have embedded artwork.
How are yours?

808htfan
2010-09-20, 19:40
That's exactly how my mp3's are arranged and I still see no artwork with 7.5.1.

Maybe it could have something to do with embedded vs an actual .jpg being in the folder?

All my mp3's have embedded artwork.
How are yours?

All of my mp3s that are in a separate folder per album have embedded artwork and a folder.jpg (which happens to be what's embedded) in the album folder.

My single tracks bunched together in a folder is a mix. Some do, some don't have embedded artwork. None of these show art on the Touch using TinySBS.

zen2000
2010-09-21, 06:23
I don't get artwork with 7.5.1 either.

You could try the 7.6 beta.
I do get artwork with that and everything works nicely but you'll probably be annoyed by the beta update reminders that happen every few days.

If you use it you'll need to delete the squeezebox folders and rescan.

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.6

Thanks, I went to 7.6 beta and it works fine now.

thunderlips
2010-09-22, 11:56
All of my mp3s that are in a separate folder per album have embedded artwork and a folder.jpg (which happens to be what's embedded) in the album folder.

Just so that I get this right, since I'd like to test it out...

Do you name the folder.jpg the exact same as the folder?

So if I was to have a Buddy Guy folder with an album folder inside called Blues Singer I'd name the .jpg as Blues Singer.jpg and put it in that folder?

kidstypike
2010-09-22, 12:27
No.

So if I was to have a Buddy Guy folder with an album folder inside called Blues Singer I'd name the .jpg as Blues Singer.jpg and put it in that folder?
No, all jpgs are named folder.jpg

808htfan
2010-09-22, 17:22

As kidstypike does, I have all the ones I use as artwork named 'folder.jpg' and placed in the album folder. No other .jpgs are in the folder (unless I missed them).

Several albums have additional art I put in a subfolder under each album folder. Most of those subfolders I named 'Artwork', some are 'Scans' or 'Covers' or whatever else.

thunderlips
2010-09-23, 09:11
As kidstypike does, I have all the ones I use as artwork named 'folder.jpg' and placed in the album folder. No other .jpgs are in the folder (unless I missed them).

Excellent.

Thanks.