PDA

View Full Version : Small problem with VortexBox appliance

stef13
2010-09-14, 10:12
I have installed a VortexBox distribution on a PC, it works fine. However I have a problem :VortexBox directories (flac, mp3) are not always visible from Explorer of Windows machines,sometimes I need to reboot VortexBox appliance in order to be abe to see VortexBox directories from Explorer of Windows machines. When VortexBox directories are visible they never disappeared until I reboot VortexBox appliance. When VortexBox directories are not visible from Explorer of Windows machines, I can access to directories if I do "Start - command - \\IP adress of VortexBox apppliance"

Sorry for my poor English : French guy !!

Does someone has got the same issue and has found a solution ?

socistep
2010-09-15, 04:47
I have installed a VortexBox distribution on a PC, it works fine. However I have a problem :VortexBox directories (flac, mp3) are not always visible from Explorer of Windows machines,sometimes I need to reboot VortexBox appliance in order to be abe to see VortexBox directories from Explorer of Windows machines. When VortexBox directories are visible they never disappeared until I reboot VortexBox appliance. When VortexBox directories are not visible from Explorer of Windows machines, I can access to directories if I do "Start - command - \\IP adress of VortexBox apppliance"

Sorry for my poor English : French guy !!

Does someone has got the same issue and has found a solution ?

Bonjour Stef

I have a vortexbox, I have a linux laptop which mounts the vortexbox shares (music, documents etc.) as boot and has been solid for me (its Ubuntu 10). However my girlfriend recently puchased a windows 7 netbook and I noticed some problems similar to what you describe, but not had chance to look into it. Have you tried the vortexbox forums?

Ian