Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dalla
    • Jan 2010

Recommended setup

I live in an apartment with combined kitchen and living room. In the kitchen, I have a Squeezebox radio that I use as morning radio and Spotify client when I cook. Now I also want a Squeezebox (Spotify) machine with that I can use on the stereo in the living room.

One idea is to buy one more Radio that I connect via the headphone output. Then I can control it from both the kitchen and living room. Another setup is to buy a separate Transceiver and control it and the Radio via iPeng on the iPhone or IPAD. The problem with this is that my wife and children already think that the Radio has to hard user interface so that I do not want to throw in a new control. iPhone and IPAD are also often used for other things. I and the whole family would be able to control your stereo with Spotify easily without hassle.

Today we run our MacBook's with Airfoil and this can anyone use, but I want something more solid installed.

What do you recommend?
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by dalla
    I live in an apartment with combined kitchen and living room. In the kitchen, I have a Squeezebox radio that I use as morning radio and Spotify client when I cook. Now I also want a Squeezebox (Spotify) machine with that I can use on the stereo in the living room.

One idea is to buy one more Radio that I connect via the headphone output. Then I can control it from both the kitchen and living room. Another setup is to buy a separate Transceiver and control it and the Radio via iPeng on the iPhone or IPAD. The problem with this is that my wife and children already think that the Radio has to hard user interface so that I do not want to throw in a new control. iPhone and IPAD are also often used for other things. I and the whole family would be able to control your stereo with Spotify easily without hassle.

Today we run our MacBook's with Airfoil and this can anyone use, but I want something more solid installed.

What do you recommend?
    If you're going to connect to your stereo, forget the RADIO. You are much better off with a TOUCH. And you can control the touch from its own screen, from your MACbook (running SqueezePlay as the controller) or from iphone and ipad.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Working...