PDA

View Full Version : Sirius issue with more than one unit synced

SFNMutt
2010-09-09, 10:44
I have a Squeezebox radio that plays Sirius fine.

I installed Squeezeplay on the computer I have the squeezebox server on and it plays Sirius fine.

I can sync the Squeezebox & Squeezeplay and have them play pandora or local music just fine. (except an annoying lag)

When I switch to Sirius, both radios go silent & I get the error message "unable to play filetype". Same thing if I have Sirius running on 1 of them & then turn on the other radio. I assume it's because Sirius see's me as 2 people using the same account. Is there a work around / fix for this?

I've searched the forum & haven't found the answer or someone w/ the same issue. if it's here, i promise I tried looking. :)

on a side note, is there a way to adjust the sync so i can get these 2 players perfectly synced?

thanks in advance.

toby10
2010-09-10, 02:33
I don't use Sirius so I'm just taking a stab in the dark here...

Are you using a local instance of SBS on your computer to Sync these players?
Or are you only connecting the players to MySqueezeBox.com?

When Synced:
- Using SBS one stream is "shared" with the players.
- Using MySB each player gets it's own stream

Whether this functions like this for Sirius I don't know.

SFNMutt
2010-09-10, 12:02
I don't use Sirius so I'm just taking a stab in the dark here...

Are you using a local instance of SBS on your computer to Sync these players?
Or are you only connecting the players to MySqueezeBox.com?

When Synced:
- Using SBS one stream is "shared" with the players.
- Using MySB each player gets it's own stream

Whether this functions like this for Sirius I don't know.

I have both connecting to MySqueezebox.com
I'll try switching them. thanks, i bet that will fix it.

I've been looking around the forums and it seems the lag is a common issue w/ squeezeplay. I'll live w/ it.

toby10
2010-09-10, 12:37
Yeah, wild guess is that when using MySB.com then Sirius sees each player as a "login", two such logins might be prohibited.
Again, just a guess.

I think the same is true with Last.fm, cannot sync players via MySB but you can using SBS.

A long time ago there was an issue with Slacker where your SB player would get disconnected if you were logged into your Slacker account on your computer. But this was fixed.