PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about BBCi plug-in

Lennyd
2010-09-06, 12:32
I want to listen to BBC archived streams on the Boom. Is that what the BBCi plug in is for ? If so, can someone give me a link on how to install and set up BBCi ? I have never used a plug-in before.

bpa
2010-09-06, 15:05
You do not say whether you are using a local SBS server but Plugins only work when using a local SBS server.

Open with browser the WebUI Settings / Plugins page. Check the BBC iPlayer box and then click the "apply" button. SBS should then restart.

After restart under the Internet Radio menu there will be a new menu BBc iPlayer - select the menu and then you have choice between "live streams" or the previous week's programs organised by station

Lennyd
2010-09-06, 18:42
I am using SBS. I have BBCi playing now. On the BBC website there is a way to listen to earlier archived shows. On SBS I am listening to the most recent show. Is it possible to listen to earlier archived shows on SBS ?

bpa
2010-09-06, 23:36
Can you indicate (i.e. give the URL) where there are shows older than 1 week on the BBC site ?
AFAIK BBC iPlayer on the web only has shows archived for one week.

Lennyd
2010-09-07, 18:49
There aren't BBC archives of The Sounds of the Sixties. I was thinking of a fan's site that archives the shows as MP3's. Thanks very much for your help.