• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lovestoflightsim
    • Sep 2010

Spotify

Hello:-)

I would be very glad if You could help me decide:
    1 week ago i bought the netgear readynas Rnd 2210 2x1 TB, i had read that it was compatible with the squeesebox duet. There was fantastic to read that Spotify was available to the Squeesebox software.

As You know by now ,this was me jumping to conclusions :-)

Therefore i have to get a new nas that will not only run squeesecenter, but will accept the fantastic Spotify plugin.
    What nas du You use?
    What works? and which one is the better?
    I will be very glad for any help:-)

Best Regards
    LtFsim
  • UV101
    • Mar 2010

Would be useful to know which models of NAS (if any) will support the spotify plug in.

Comment

• Triode
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by UV101
      Would be useful to know which models of NAS (if any) will support the spotify plug in.
      I'm afraid you are going to have to search the forum thread for happy user comments as there is no list which is maintained for this.

Comment

• UV101
        • Mar 2010

Ok, I guess that was my attempt to start a list!!!!

Comment

• aubuti
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by lovestoflightsim
          Therefore i have to get a new nas that will not only run squeesecenter, but will accept the fantastic Spotify plugin.
          Actually, I think you have two options. Instead of getting a new NAS, you could get a newer Squeezebox model, such as the Touch, which works with the official Logitech Spotify plugin. I'm pretty sure that the official plugin will work with your current NAS. The official plugin isn't as nice as Triode's plugin, but it is a viable alternative to getting a new NAS.
          Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
          Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
          Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
          Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
          Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
          Bedroom: SB Radio
          Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
          LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

Working...