PDA

View Full Version : Two Artist's - Same Album Name - Art

MRL_SQBX
2010-08-21, 13:20
First time poster here. I have two albums of the same name "Circus". The first is by artist "Brittany Spears". It's my daughters so leave me alone about this alright. The second is by artist "Lenny Kravitz". They both play fine but the artwork for both Spears and Kravitz reflects the artwork for the Spears Circus cover when played on the Squeezebox Radio or when looking at the collection in the server window in a browser. Both folders have the correct folders.jpg artwork and the artwork is properly embedded in each mp3. Have tried a number of things to correct this with little success. Would seem that the database created is using the first item it finds for both. How do I correct this.

Thanks for any help.

garym
2010-08-21, 14:10
Open these album files in mp3tag. Right click on song files and select extended tags. Something is odd about the tags (album artist, album sort, or something like this.). Make sure all the tags have correct artist and correct album name. You can also drill down to the tag level within SqueezeboxServer when you click on track name.

MRL_SQBX
2010-08-21, 14:28
I have already checked that avenue. All the tags are either populated with the right data or nothing at all. Included the extended tags.

garym
2010-08-21, 14:37
I have already checked that avenue. All the tags are either populated with the right data or nothing at all. Included the extended tags.

Have you done the usual (1) clear cache (from the SbS control panel) and then (2) clear and rescan your music library. These two things also solve a multitude of sins.

With both albums in separate folders, with unique album names, and no errant tags (album artist, sort order, etc.), something is odd here. See this thread (it ultimately had to do with discnumber tags in an odd way).

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=80886

MRL_SQBX
2010-08-21, 17:09
Reading that thread and changing the DISKNUMBER tag fixed it. For some reason once I cleared out DISKNUMBER the problem went away. They were both 1/1. Doesn't make sense to me as the ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST are different. Any thoughts?

garym
2010-08-21, 17:10
No clue. But this has made me add to my list of to-dos, to remove ALL disknumbers from any disc that is only one disc.

MRL_SQBX
2010-08-21, 17:58
Doing the same. Just another another pita. I have been using WinAmp, Zune and iTunes on the same music library so you can imagine the fun I've had. Now adding Squeezebox to the mix. I use MP3Tag and have been very happy with it. So much so I made a $40 donation to the developer. Shame each of these programs can't work against a standard or provide some additional level of customization to get the display of the library consistent. At least I know what I am up against now. Thanks for the quick help.

garym
2010-08-21, 18:04
+1. I send the developer of mp3tag a contribution every year. Very useful program for cleaning up tags. I've evolved into, dbpoweramp for ripping to FLAC, mp3tag for cleaning up tags. I create separate mirror directory of mp3 files for use in ipod,iphones, etc. using dbpa. I do NOT try to do the itunes/SbS integration. Can't see the value and it can cause other odd issues. I play my FLAC files (and any mp3 only files) on the SbS at home, and have mp3 files for portables. Back it all up on 4 to 5 different hardrives in at least 3 different locations, and I'm good to go. (moving some furniture the other day, the 2TB harddrive with all my music files (60,000+) fell to the ground. Never could get anything from the drive other than a loud BUZZ. No big deal. Yes, it cost about $120, but I swapped out a backup drive and I was back in business in no time. Would have taken me years to rerip the music.

Nonreality
2010-09-05, 07:57
+1. I send the developer of mp3tag a contribution every year. Very useful program for cleaning up tags. I've evolved into, dbpoweramp for ripping to FLAC, mp3tag for cleaning up tags. I create separate mirror directory of mp3 files for use in ipod,iphones, etc. using dbpa. I do NOT try to do the itunes/SbS integration. Can't see the value and it can cause other odd issues. I play my FLAC files (and any mp3 only files) on the SbS at home, and have mp3 files for portables. Back it all up on 4 to 5 different hardrives in at least 3 different locations, and I'm good to go. (moving some furniture the other day, the 2TB harddrive with all my music files (60,000+) fell to the ground. Never could get anything from the drive other than a loud BUZZ. No big deal. Yes, it cost about $120, but I swapped out a backup drive and I was back in business in no time. Would have taken me years to rerip the music.

Pretty much my exact system. I have about half the files and 3 externals, 1 which is used as my active drive. I do use Itunes just to update my non rockbox ipods but thats all it does and doesn't touch my files.