PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pippin - When is your iPad version coming?

Sike
2010-08-20, 05:23
Hi Pippin

I'm not PM'ing you so that others can see and don't ask again.

Any idea when the iPad version will be coming out?

Thanks

Sike

pippin
2010-08-20, 05:38
As I said before: No dates anymore, they are always wrong.
It's what I work on most of the time now.

Sike
2010-08-20, 06:53
What about a rough guess?

I would just prefer to buy your app (An App that I know how to use) than to buy a different one. :)

iPhone
2010-08-20, 07:02
Do you have an iPhone? Doesn't iPeng work on the iPad?

You could use that until an iPad specific version is ready.

bluegaspode
2010-08-20, 08:58
An App that I know how to use
Didn't pippin say the iPad version will be totally different from current iPeng ;)

iPhone
2010-08-20, 09:06
Didn't pippin say the iPad version will be totally different from current iPeng ;)

Yes because he has so much more real estate to work with.

But if you have an iPhone now and since you can put 'Your' owned Apps on up to 5 devices, why not put iPeng on ones iPad until the iPad specific version is ready?

Especially if one is Jones'in for it real bad.

erland
2010-08-21, 08:09
What about a rough guess?

I would just prefer to buy your app (An App that I know how to use) than to buy a different one. :)

I'm sorry but this is silly, do you think this way also when you are hungry and want to get a hamburger or pizza ? Do you sometimes wait a few months until they have released a new hamburger meal that is better instead of getting one now when you want it and is hungry ?

At least in Sweden we are talking about similar costs as a bigger hamburger meal, maybe a dollar or two more expensive.

SqueezePad is here now and works great, just get it and buy iPeng for iPad later on if it you aren't satisfied with SqueezePad.

Supporting multiple developers will result in competition which on longer term is going to result in that both applications get better.