PDA

View Full Version : Adding an album by folder view.

Nonreality
2010-08-14, 22:52
Just lately I've noticed that adding albums by playing them from the music folder isn't working correctly. I've used this method for quite a time with no problems but now that I've updated to 7.5.1 it's not reliable. One album that I added put every song as a separate album and the another made two albums exactly the same except for the name. I wonder why this is happening. I've avoided running the scan for about a year before this started. I'd rather not have to scan if I don't need to. Once I ran the clear and scan both albums were correct so it wasn't a tag problem. It just doesn't seem to add them correctly if you just run the album from the music folder now.

Phil Leigh
2010-08-15, 10:53
Just lately I've noticed that adding albums by playing them from the music folder isn't working correctly. I've used this method for quite a time with no problems but now that I've updated to 7.5.1 it's not reliable. One album that I added put every song as a separate album and the another made two albums exactly the same except for the name. I wonder why this is happening. I've avoided running the scan for about a year before this started. I'd rather not have to scan if I don't need to. Once I ran the clear and scan both albums were correct so it wasn't a tag problem. It just doesn't seem to add them correctly if you just run the album from the music folder now.

Try 7.5.2...