Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicMonkey
    • Feb 2006

Playlist Move Up/Down Buttons?

Might somebody be able to tell me how to display the Move Up/Down buttons in the SqueezeBox Server Web UI for playlists (on both the current playlist and any saved playlist)? These buttons appear in the Classic Interface, but I can't get them to appear in the Default Interface...is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
  • johnas
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MusicMonkey
    Might somebody be able to tell me how to display the Move Up/Down buttons in the SqueezeBox Server Web UI for playlists (on both the current playlist and any saved playlist)? These buttons appear in the Classic Interface, but I can't get them to appear in the Default Interface...is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
    Hi, in the default view you can just drag and drop the tracks to where you want them in the playlist.

Comment

• MusicMonkey
      • Feb 2006

Thanks

I had tried drag-and-drop but it wasn't working for me, but after your suggestion I did it with renewed determination. The trick seems to be to WHERE you position the mouse pointer when you try to drag-and-drop. It only works for me if I click/drag on non-link words such as "from", "by" or the artist name itself. However if I click/drag on the track title or album title, it won't drag-and-drop successfully...which seems odd because the logical place you would clic/drag is on the track title itself.

Comment

• johnas
        • Jul 2009

I had tried drag-and-drop but it wasn't working for me, but after your suggestion I did it with renewed determination. The trick seems to be to WHERE you position the mouse pointer when you try to drag-and-drop. It only works for me if I click/drag on non-link words such as "from", "by" or the artist name itself. However if I click/drag on the track title or album title, it won't drag-and-drop successfully...which seems odd because the logical place you would clic/drag is on the track title itself.
        It should not matter where you click, drag and drop should work whether it is link/non link words or the space where there are no words, or even the play or delete button.

Are you running an older version of the server or an old browser?

Comment

• MusicMonkey
          • Feb 2006

I'm running the latest of everything, Squeezebox Server v7.5.1 and Internet Explorer 8.0.6001. Do you think there might be an option I should set in IE to properly enable the ability to click/hold anywhere on the track for drag-and-drop? Right now, if I click/hold in those areas I noted earlier, I get the circle/slash "do not" sign.

Comment

• T-bird
            • May 2010

Just tested this in IE and the only place I could drag it was on albumart

I'm a Firefox user and where you can drag it anyware in the gray field
            1 x Touch
            1 x Radio
            Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:25:45 CEST 2021
            Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
            Squeeze Ctrl
            Squeeze Player
            Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20

Comment

• MusicMonkey
              • Feb 2006

I have album art hidden so just a list of tracks is shown in the play list. But, I tried it on 2 separate machines, both using the latest IE8, got the same result as before (i.e. only works if I click/hold on "from", by", or Artist Name). I did notice, however, that if I moved my mouse pointer just slightly below the album name (below where the underline is indicating it's a link) then it also works, but again only if the mouse is off the link by a pixel or two...

Comment

• johnas
                • Jul 2009

I have album art hidden so just a list of tracks is shown in the play list. But, I tried it on 2 separate machines, both using the latest IE8, got the same result as before (i.e. only works if I click/hold on "from", by", or Artist Name). I did notice, however, that if I moved my mouse pointer just slightly below the album name (below where the underline is indicating it's a link) then it also works, but again only if the mouse is off the link by a pixel or two...
                Sorry don't have access to a Windows computer, but I suspect it is a browser based issue. Do you have any limitations with how cookies can be set in IE? I'm using Firefox 3.6 with no issues. Maybe someone else will chime in with something useful.

Comment

• JJZolx
                  • Apr 2005

I just played around with it and the behavior depends on whether or not you have album art shown in the playlist. It may even depend on the title format that you use, but I didn't spend too much time with it.

I tested 7.5.2 in Firefox 3.6.8 and Google Chrome 5.0.375.125 beta.

With artwork shown, in both browsers I can grab anywhere within the item, including links, to drag the item.

With artwork hidden, if I grab within the track title link or album name link then the item won't drag. Firefox displays a circle/slash mouse icon. In Chrome the mouse icon switches from a hand to an arrow.

So yeah, it can be a little tricky.

Comment

Working...