PDA

View Full Version : Android

stevecross
2010-08-05, 22:53
Good morning guys, is it possible to use an android based phone to control my squeezebox,using an app. I am still using 1.5

Many thanks

steve

KMorgan
2010-08-06, 00:06
I use Squeezecommander on my Android 1.5 phone and it works a treat.

Keith

flattermann
2010-08-06, 01:46
Good morning guys, is it possible to use an android based phone to control my squeezebox,using an app. I am still using 1.5

There are several Apps for Android available in the Market, most of them also work on 1.5.

stevecross
2010-08-06, 10:27
Thanks guys, seems just what i need, is it poss to get the apk file, i know i have to pay but just in case i swap my phone. Dont really want to pay twice

flattermann
2010-08-06, 11:12
Thanks guys, seems just what i need, is it poss to get the apk file, i know i have to pay but just in case i swap my phone. Dont really want to pay twice

If you buy it on the Android Market, the license is bound to your Google Checkout account, i.e. as long as you use the same account on your new phone, you can re-download all paid apps (including SqueezeCommander) for free.

fragfutter
2010-08-06, 11:12
any application you bought is tied to your google account. You can redownload it any time on any new phone.

stevecross
2010-08-06, 22:28
Many thanks for that info, i shall do that today after work and have a play.

steve

Mark Miksis
2010-08-07, 05:51
any application you bought is tied to your google account. You can redownload it any time on any new phone.

Just curious, how does the Android Market work if I have 2 devices (such as a phone and a tablet) connected to the same Google Account? I'm happy to pay twice - just wondering if the market is set up to make this easy.

flattermann
2010-08-07, 07:05
Just curious, how does the Android Market work if I have 2 devices (such as a phone and a tablet) connected to the same Google Account? I'm happy to pay twice - just wondering if the market is set up to make this easy.

I think you can install any previously bought apps on the second device for free.

(Even if you want to buy an App a second time, this is probably not possible... :-) )

stevecross
2010-08-07, 07:21
Well i am just listening to a bit of music using my android phone as controller, superb.

Aslak3
2010-08-07, 12:09
Well i am just listening to a bit of music using my android phone as controller, superb.

Out of interest, which program are you using? I tried all the free ones, then settled on SqueezeCommander. It cost 3 quid, but it's worth every penny. :)