PDA

View Full Version : Pandora via BlackVPN in Europe

th80
2010-08-04, 23:08
Hi All,

I subscribed to BlackVPN, so I'm able to listen to Pandora Radio when I'm connected to my VPN. This works on the browser or iPod/iPhone like a charm.

Now I'd like to listen to Pandora on my Squeezebox Classic here in Germany too. So I went to the "Plugins" tab on server preferences and enabled the Pandora v3.0 Plugin. But after restarting I don't see this app anywhere on my Squeezebox. But the plugin is listed under "active Plugins" on the server preferences.

Does Squeezeserver block such plugins that are not supposed to work in users regions? Or did I miss something?

th80
2010-08-05, 11:17
Hi,

I found the problem by myself. Even if I enable the pandora plugin in the server software, the pandora app must also be enabled in mysqueezebox.

Now I'm able to listen to Pandora Radio on my european Squeezebox. Wonderful!

empascalsismammi
2010-08-09, 12:43
how did you manage to do that? Does Pandora work in Europe as default or do you have to use your vpn service?

th80
2010-08-09, 22:43
how did you manage to do that? Does Pandora work in Europe as default or do you have to use your vpn service?

Yes, you need a VPN service to get it work. I'm using BlackVPN.

t_race
2010-10-14, 12:59
How did you go about getting the squeezebox to route through the vpn? Mine just goes straight through my ISP even with my laptop working through the vpn. Thanks.

gorman
2010-10-14, 13:42
How did you go about getting the squeezebox to route through the vpn? Mine just goes straight through my ISP even with my laptop working through the vpn. Thanks.
Curious about it too :)

Sakkerju
2010-10-15, 06:00
I presume the SB Server is actualy streaming the Pandora stream toward the Classic (or Touch etc.)...so the PC running SBS would be the actual Pandora client (?)
In that case, having the SBS run on an ordinary PC it is simple to install the tunnel software there. Using that, the European based PC is cloaked with an US ip adress

Had a similar question for my WD TV Live that can play Pandora, but sees my European IP from my provider. Stuck there, as that device does not use any kind of server software

nervoteso
2011-06-10, 02:31
i'm trying to listen to lastfm using blackVPN (i'm living in Italy) but i've having some troubes: radio starts and stops and it skips all the songs...i don't know why. any suggestion?