PDA

View Full Version : Toggling earpiece on/off using preset button

Ponzy
2010-07-24, 19:09
I would love to enable this feature. The Logitech FAQ says to download Kidsplay software and:

"In the global KidsPlay settings, you'll want to define one of the Boom buttons as Code: kidsplaytoggleclientpref analogOutMode 0 3"

OK, that's fine, have done that, but then it goes on to say:

"and then in the Boom's player prefs, set the Boom preset button behavior to "KidsPlay routine or normal action".

This is where I am stuck - where do I find the preset button behavior? Does it still exist in the current software? I just can't find it...

Any help would be most appreciated...

peterw
2010-07-25, 20:00
"and then in the Boom's player prefs, set the Boom preset button behavior to "KidsPlay routine or normal action".

This is where I am stuck - where do I find the preset button behavior?

In the Squeezebox Server web interface, click on Settings, then the Player tab. In the first puldown, choose your Boom. In the second, choose "KidsPlay player settings". You should see a pulldown labeled "BEHAVIOR FOR PRESETS OF BOOM AND RADIO AND RECEIVER BUTTON". Set it as you prefer and then click the Apply button, and you should be all set.

-Peter

Ponzy
2010-07-26, 18:39
Peter, thank you, but I am still stuck.

I go to http://www.mysqueezebox.com/player/viewPlayers, then Players, select one of my two Booms, and I am on a tab called General.

Where do I go from there, I can't find a second pulldown...?

Sorry if I am being dense here...

Max

peterw
2010-07-26, 18:47
I go to http://www.mysqueezebox.com/player/viewPlayers, then Players, select one of my two Booms, and I am on a tab called General.

Where do I go from there, I can't find a second pulldown...?

Ah, there's the problem. KidsPlay only works when your Boom is connected to your local computer running Squeezebox Server. Third-party plugins like KidsPlay don't work with mysqueezebox.com. Some applets for Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Touch work with mysqueezebox.com, but for Boom, Classic, Transporter, and older players, you can't use any third-party software in conjunction with mysqueezebox.com. (And no, I don't have an applet version of KidsPlay, so it can't be used with mysqueezebox.com even if you had a new Squeezebox Radio.)

Ponzy
2010-07-26, 20:34
Ah...OK. I have the server running on the PC but it is not seeing either of my Booms. So I assume once I fix that problem I can follow the steps you suggest?

peterw
2010-07-26, 21:13
Ah...OK. I have the server running on the PC but it is not seeing either of my Booms. So I assume once I fix that problem I can follow the steps you suggest?

Correct, if you hold the left arrow on the Booms' panels and use the setup menus to connect the Booms to Squeezebox Server running on your server, you should be able to use KidsPlay.

Ponzy
2010-07-26, 22:05
Correct, if you hold the left arrow on the Booms' panels and use the setup menus to connect the Booms to Squeezebox Server running on your server, you should be able to use KidsPlay.

Thanks Peter, got it, and it works a treat! Now, if only it would work through the online server, and I didn't have to keep my computer running, I would be truly happy!

Thanks for holding my hand through this...

Max