PDA

View Full Version : Audiobook Resume Ever Implemented?

MBSqueeze
2010-07-24, 16:45
Greetings,

Love my Squeezebox products (duet, boom, radio). I'm listening to more audiobooks these days and it's a pain to remember where I left off, and even more of a headache to FF back to where I left off, particuarly for a long book. I've seen a few threads on this dating back to 2004, but I haven't seen any implementaions of having SB remembering where a user pauses in a large file. Theres a dead link pointing to a dean-frane site but that's about all.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for this someday, or a plugin somewhere? I'm running v7.6

Thanks,
Mark

reefer
2010-09-20, 22:17
Not sure whether this is what you were looking for but there is a bookmark plug in available.

Jason

reefer
2010-09-20, 22:18
Here is the link.
http://code.google.com/p/kdfplugins/downloads/list

MBSqueeze
2010-09-21, 07:19
Thanks, I'll try it. Can someone explain in a nutshell how to install it. I have no experience with plugins. Thanks in advance

-Mark

toby10
2010-09-21, 07:34
Assuming it is the same Plugin, there is a Bookmark Plugin on SBS > Settings > Plugins > Other 3rd Party Plugins

If that is the correct one, just check the box next to it, click Save, probably have to restart SBS.

Most (maybe all?) Plugins are auto-installed right from this Plugin's section of SBS Settings.

MBSqueeze
2010-09-21, 11:17
Ok, I unzipped in the plugins directory, restarted SBS and the plugin shows up, and it's checked.

Does anyone know how to actually invoke it?

Thanks,
Mark