PDA

View Full Version : Does SBS still stream in pause?

staresy
2010-07-22, 01:23
Hi,
When "tuned" to an internet radio URL and in pause mode is the server actually streaming data still or has it stopped?

I'm trying to determine if left in pause mode is the server still using up my monthly ISP download quota?

Thanks

mherger
2010-07-22, 02:22
> When "tuned" to an internet radio URL and in pause mode is the server
> actually streaming data still or has it stopped?

No, it doesn't.

--

Michael

jo-wie
2010-07-22, 04:50
It will keep up the stream 1 or 2 minutes and then drop the connection. I suppose it keep connected until the entire internal buffer RAM is filled up.

awy
2010-07-22, 09:48
Yes, exactly. It will stream until the buffer is filled, which is typically 2-3 minutes, then it will stop streaming. If it is a Radio station it will really stop. If it is a remote service, like Rhapsody, it will actually (logically) stay paused and attempt to restart when the user unpauses.

You can always command a stop by press-and-hold of Pause.

ziza
2010-07-22, 13:43
On mysqueezebox.com, when the user unpauses a radio station and the buffer is full, will the user need to restart the device to empty the buffer in order to resume play?

thanks,
óz

toby10
2010-07-22, 14:02
On mysqueezebox.com, when the user unpauses a radio station and the buffer is full, will the user need to restart the device to empty the buffer in order to resume play?

thanks,
óz

No, just press Play or Pause (to un-Pause).