PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to My Apps

paul44birch
2010-07-20, 11:13
I am struggling to resolve the above problem and it seems that even then best efforts of the Logitech support team cannot help, so it’s over to the forum experts for some solutions.
From my duet handset I try to access ‘My Apps’ but get the following message:
A mysqueezebox.com account is required for this service. Please access Squeezebox Server Settings > mysqueezebox.com with a web browser to configure.
Everything else is working and problems started with forced update to latest version of squeezebox server.
I have reverted to version 7.4.1 which allows me to access my music and the squeezebox help team deleted my squeezebox.com account and requested that I create a new one. I have done this today but with no solution to the problem.
When I re-registered I received the confirmation email telling me I had a new account and to click on the link to activate (again I did this)
Other points to note:
When I connect to mysqueezebox.com and go into the players tab it shows my duet but states that it is ‘not connected’ (how can I resolve this?)
I use a squeezebox duet, connected to Audio innovations pre-power and Jas Orsa speakers. Music is via iTunes kept on my desk top PC
I have posted this on both the general discussion and duet forums and all help/advice gratefully received.

garym
2010-07-21, 08:05
I am struggling to resolve the above problem and it seems that even then best efforts of the Logitech support team cannot help, so it’s over to the forum experts for some solutions.
From my duet handset I try to access ‘My Apps’ but get the following message:
A mysqueezebox.com account is required for this service. Please access Squeezebox Server Settings > mysqueezebox.com with a web browser to configure.
Everything else is working and problems started with forced update to latest version of squeezebox server.
I have reverted to version 7.4.1 which allows me to access my music and the squeezebox help team deleted my squeezebox.com account and requested that I create a new one. I have done this today but with no solution to the problem.
When I re-registered I received the confirmation email telling me I had a new account and to click on the link to activate (again I did this)
Other points to note:
When I connect to mysqueezebox.com and go into the players tab it shows my duet but states that it is ‘not connected’ (how can I resolve this?)
I use a squeezebox duet, connected to Audio innovations pre-power and Jas Orsa speakers. Music is via iTunes kept on my desk top PC
I have posted this on both the general discussion and duet forums and all help/advice gratefully received.

not sure about your other issue, but the duet won't show up as connected in mysb.com until you tell the duet to connect to mysb.com instead of your local server. this would be done using your controller and selecting music source (one of which is mysqueezebox.com). You might also be able to do this from your web interface for SbS running on your local computer (that is, select mysb.com as source in the dropdown menu above active playlist window).

paul44birch
2010-07-21, 11:05
Hi garym

thanks for this but please explain a bit more..

How do I select music source on my controller? It does not feature on my home menu

Thanks

Paul

garym
2010-07-21, 11:55
Hi garym

thanks for this but please explain a bit more..

How do I select music source on my controller? It does not feature on my home menu

Thanks

Paul

I'm away from home so just from memory, you should see on your home menu, SETTINGS. Go here, then select HOME MENU (or something similar). On this menu, you can select what you want to show up on your home menu. One of these items should be "switch to mysqueezebox.com" choose to add this to your home menu. Then from you home menu select this option. It should connect the Duet to mysb.com, assuming the controller has your mysb.com credentials, they are correct, etc.

paul44birch
2010-07-21, 14:50
Thanks

I will try this solution

Paul

pski
2010-07-21, 18:18
1. You must have an account at mysqueezebox.com before "My APPs" will work.

Here's why:

There are 2 sources of music (for now) that play on your SB devices:

a> your music
b> stuff you can get from mysqueezebox.com

To do this you must:

1. go to

www.mysqueezebox.com and set up an account

2. use SBS control panel (or the WebUI) to go to SETTINGS and enter the same info from above (the same stuff you put into mysqueezebox.com) so that your SBS machine can hook-up with the rest of the universe.

P

paul44birch
2010-07-22, 02:32
Hi pski

Thanks for the details. As it happens, I managed to solve it myself yesterday by doing just as you suggested, but a bit by trial and error. All is now working fine so fingers crossed it stays this way.

My big dissapointment is that the logitech technical support team have not been able to offer similar advice. As it stands my request has been escalated after several weeks of calls and emails and I am currently awaiting a response via email.

After several issues it does seem that the forum is the best place for quick and accurate advice.

The good news is that when it works, I cannot think of a better way to enjoy my vast music collection.

Regards

Paul

Fugazi
2010-07-31, 14:14
I just jumped from 7.3.X to 7.5.1 and now confused with the whole apps thing.

From the WEB INTERFACE, the only thing under My Apps is "Apps Gallery". I would like to be able to access Classical.com, Live365, etc. directly from Squeeze Center like I did before, but when I click Apps Gallery, it seems that I can only configure those services for mysqueezebox.com. What am I missing?

toby10
2010-08-01, 04:03
I just jumped from 7.3.X to 7.5.1 and now confused with the whole apps thing.

From the WEB INTERFACE, the only thing under My Apps is "Apps Gallery". I would like to be able to access Classical.com, Live365, etc. directly from Squeeze Center like I did before, but when I click Apps Gallery, it seems that I can only configure those services for mysqueezebox.com. What am I missing?

Apps are only configured on MySB.com, but your local SBS server will utilize MySB.com in the background.
So install, setup, configure the Apps on MySB.com then you can use them on both SBS and MySB.com

Prior versions of SBS utilized Plugins (not Apps) for these services and many of these SBS Plugins have been replaced with MySB Apps.