PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages Storage Limit

iPhone
2010-07-19, 07:16
I can no longer send PMs because the storage limit has changed from 500 to 50. I believe this happened once before and was restored back to 500. Is this temporary again or a permanent change? I would hate to have to print some 100 messages I would like to keep for their information, SSH, and Patch value. My PMs have become a resource since the Slim Devices URLs went away. The Logitech web pages are geared toward marketing and sales and not technical and audiophile.

Wondering

funkstar
2010-07-19, 11:05
Must be a glitch, I still have a 500 limit.

If you look at the very bottom right of your inbox, you can save the contents before clearing things.

peterw
2010-07-19, 11:26
The forum software will downgrade your storage (but IME not delete any messages) if it doesn't think your email address has been validated. Go to the User CP page, change your email address, and be sure to then validate your email address with the URL that the system sends you, that's what I did when it lowered my limit to 50.

iPhone
2010-07-19, 12:00
The forum software will downgrade your storage (but IME not delete any messages) if it doesn't think your email address has been validated. Go to the User CP page, change your email address, and be sure to then validate your email address with the URL that the system sends you, that's what I did when it lowered my limit to 50.

Funny that you mention that. I just recently (last few days) updated my email address on the Forum. Received the URL back to the new address and followed the instructions. From what you are saying everything should be fine. Seems it lowered my limit about 2 days after the change.

I'll follow the link again, if that doesn't work, I'll change the address again and see what happens.