Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soulkeeper
    • Dec 2009

Problem searching in forum

When I try searching for "custom browse problem", I get an empty page (no HTML at all) with the address http://forums.slimdevices.com/search.php

If I try searching for "custom browse problem" in Advanced search, I get an empty page with the address http://forums.slimdevices.com/search.php?do=process

If I try searching for "custom browse", then it works, both with Advanced search and the normal search.

Does anybody have a clue why? Does this happen for everyone?
  • pomatomus
    • Nov 2009

this has happened to me a few times, and has stopped happening just as mysteriously. sorry, no idea, but you aren't alone at least!

Comment

• JJZolx
      • Apr 2005

Yes, this happens a lot. When all else fails, use Google's site search. Enter the search as:

Code:
      site:forums.slimdevices.com custom browse problem
      Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

• erland
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Soulkeeper
        If I try searching for "custom browse problem" in Advanced search, I get an empty page with the address http://forums.slimdevices.com/search.php?do=process

If I try searching for "custom browse", then it works, both with Advanced search and the normal search.

Does anybody have a clue why? Does this happen for everyone?
        I've always suspected that the problem is if the search string contains common words, in this case "problem" is probably the one that causes the issue.

However, I can't understand why anyone possibly would like to combine "problem" with "custom browse" in the same search string, feels strange ;-)
        Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
        Developer of many plugins/applets
        Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• Soulkeeper
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by erland
          However, I can't understand why anyone possibly would like to combine "problem" with "custom browse" in the same search string, feels strange ;-)
          Hehe. Well, I see you've found the thread in question, so I'm off to read it now.

Comment

• Michael Herger
            Babelfish's Best Boy
            • Apr 2005

Problem searching in forum

> When I try searching for "custom browse problem", I get an empty page

The problem was php running out of memory on searches with lots of results. I increased the max memory to be used. This should hopefully improve the search behaviour.

--

Michael
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
            (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Working...