PDA

View Full Version : How do I now add Radio Stations to Favourites?

hp1
2010-07-13, 02:04
Hi All,

I have a Squeezbox 3 (classic?. I updated squeezebox server a few weeks ago and have discovered that in the update that they have implemented a change to the the menus in Internet Radio. Before it was great, I use to search radio stations using an app on my Android phone and if I liked them I could then add them to my favourites by hitting the right key on my remote and 'add to favourites'. It was the same if I wanted to post what radio station I was listening to on Facebook, just hit the right key and scroll to the Facebook option.

For some reason which I cant fathom the new 'Radiotime' menu has removed these options and added options which, for me are useless. Even worse I cant now figure out how to add radio stations to my favourites. Is it possible to get rid of this awful Radiotime menu or perhaps someone can inform me how to add Radio Stations to favourites with the remote (while they are playing).

cheers

hunta
2010-07-13, 06:02
Not very helpful I'm afraid, but just to let you know that I share your problem. I invariably find it easier to head for the PC and do it through the web interface. I wish you better luck - hopefully someone can help out!

hp1
2010-07-13, 06:10
Hadn't thought of that, I'll give it a go, and hope on the meantime they bring back the old menu.

aubuti
2010-07-13, 06:13
I don't use my infrared remotes much any more, but try the "+" key. That _may_ bring up a context menu, from which "add to favorites" may be an option.

hp1
2010-07-13, 06:20
No, on the classic the + key just adds whatever is selected to the playlist.

toby10
2010-07-13, 06:29
Currently using arrow RIGHT to select the Now Playing stream as a Favorite is not working (they should bring this back).

Two ways to do so using the IR remote with an SB3:
1. press & hold the Favorites button, adds stream to Favorites
2. arrow BACK (left) to the stream title within the menu's, now arrow RIGHT, Add to Favorites will be offered

hp1
2010-07-13, 06:36
Didn't know about pressing and holding the favourites button. Not sure I understand the second option? What menu is the stream displayed in other than now playing?

toby10
2010-07-13, 07:14
I'm assuming you were navigating the menu's on the SB3 to find a stream then play it.
Ex: Internet Radio > Music > Internet Only > 181.fm > Chill 181.fm (station) > *play*
When your SB3 displays Now Playing "Chill 181.fm" you can then arrow BACK to the previous menu you were in prior to pressing Play.
So arrow BACK from Now Playing should place you back on the Chill 181.fm menu item, now arrow RIGHT to select as a Favorite.

This should work as long as your Screensaver setting is not Jump To Now Playing.

hp1
2010-07-13, 10:05
Ahhh no, I'm not navigating that way, I'm searching for radio stations on a Squeezebox app on my phone and playing them from the app so there is nothing in the menu for me to go 'left' to.

The long press on favourites works fine tho, thanks for educating me(i should read the manual one of these days)

flattermann
2010-07-13, 10:23
Ahhh no, I'm not navigating that way, I'm searching for radio stations on a Squeezebox app on my phone and playing them from the app so there is nothing in the menu for me to go 'left' to.

The developer of your Android App should implement an "Add to favourites" feature. :-)

hp1
2010-07-13, 10:25
The developer of your Android App should implement an "Add to favourites" feature. :-)

I've asked him too, hopefully its coming....

toby10
2010-07-13, 10:54
Ahhh no, I'm not navigating that way, I'm searching for radio stations on a Squeezebox app on my phone and playing them from the app .......

doh! You did say that in your first post.
Sorry :)

hp1
2010-07-13, 11:20
No Probs, thanks for the advice :)