PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU Logitech for making it even easier to get to this forum!

Zombie
2010-07-05, 03:35
If it works, don't fix it should apply to web developers, too...but of corse the corporate ties have a fantastic explanation to this...

Squeezed_Rotel
2010-07-05, 03:44
If it works, don't fix it should apply to web developers, too...but of corse the corporate ties have a fantastic explanation to this...

???? I come to this forum several times a day. I haven't had any problems.

pippin
2010-07-05, 04:39
There's no link on the Logitech site anymore.

erland
2010-07-05, 05:04
There's no link on the Logitech site anymore.

There is a sticky thread at the top of the Logitech forums which contains a link:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Wireless-Music-Systems/bd-p/WMS_General

Easy to find if you know where to look but probably not that easy to find for new customers.

If Logitech have decided that they want the official forums at forums.logitech.com I can't really blame them, it's their choice if they like to point new users to this site or their own official forum. I can understand why they would prefer to use a site with their own domain name for the official forum. I'm happy as long as they continue to maintain and operate this community forum in parallel with their official forum.

elziko
2010-07-05, 07:25
I have looked at the official forums a few times and it seems to contain many users who do not get a satisfactory resolution unlike these forums.

I have often wondered if more people would be helped by somehow migrating this forum, its users and their goodwill to the official forum.

erland
2010-07-05, 07:54
I have looked at the official forums a few times and it seems to contain many users who do not get a satisfactory resolution unlike these forums.

I have often wondered if more people would be helped by somehow migrating this forum, its users and their goodwill to the official forum.

Probably but in that case they would also have to adjust the structure and forum software of the official forum. With the current software and structure it would mean that many senior members would just disappear. I think some of the senior members also relies on the mailing list gateway which exists to this forum, I'm not sure if there is something similar available on the official forum.

Skier
2010-07-06, 02:07
You should live in the UK (or anywhere other than the USA & Canada), there are no links to any forums on non-US Logitech sites. In order to access them you have to change your location to the US.

I've raised this issue with Logitech several times over the last 5 years or so and at one point was told that links from non-US sites were coming - they haven't yet and I have no reason to believe that they will.

Regards

Skier

iPhone
2010-07-06, 07:08
Maybe its because I am used to this Forum, but the Logitech Forum is harder to use and has a poor flow to it in my opinion and use.

And from the fact that I saw the same question asked three times in the space of 15 posts, it would appear others see it as an open container without compartments to look in for answers. More like just post and hope somebody answers, then as a resource that is easy to search/look through to find answers.

Philip Meyer
2010-07-06, 09:56
>I have often wondered if more people would be helped by somehow
>migrating this forum, its users and their goodwill to the official
>forum.
Not if it doesn't support mailing list, as it would reach less people who could answer the questions.

Phil

RudolfJan
2010-07-06, 12:43
It took me half an hour to find back the squeezebox stuff on the "improved" Logitech site. They might have sent a mail to their customers explaining this move. Forum and Wiki now deep hidden as a footnote three leves deep under support. What a lousy web designer they hired!

noma123
2010-07-07, 00:00
Sonos controller barfs if they don't spin up fast enough, but a quick retry and all is well.