PDA

View Full Version : PC controller application for Squeezebox?

MisterMat
2010-06-29, 02:42
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right forum for asking this.

I was wondering whether there is a replacement controller application for Squeezebox (I have the Touch) which replaces the web interface? Similar to the Sonos PC controller application, for example.

Thanks,

Matthew.

Soulkeeper
2010-06-29, 02:51
Maybe SqueezePlay (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay) will do what you want?

download link (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/)

pippin
2010-06-29, 02:53
Have a look at Moose.

MisterMat
2010-06-29, 03:01
Awesome, thanks guys, I'll check those tonight. I think something like Moose is more what I want, SoftSqueeze looks like it has a similar UI to the Touch which is good for a small device but I much prefer a treeview style approach when using a keyboard and mouse.

Any others out there?

Matthew.

Mnyb
2010-06-29, 03:15
You can try SqueezePlay this is the same software that runs on the Touch.
So it would look and behave almost as a Touch, it will also be a player not only a controller .
This can work against a real server running on your PC and if only using the onboard server on the Touch, this will also work

If you run squeezboxserver on the PC you can use a program called moose to interface with the server (I don't know if it can interface with the tiny server version running directly on the Touch)

paltomare
2010-06-29, 09:01
I like Muso.....still in beta though.

iPhone
2010-06-29, 09:22
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right forum for asking this.

I was wondering whether there is a replacement controller application for Squeezebox (I have the Touch) which replaces the web interface? Similar to the Sonos PC controller application, for example.

Thanks,

Matthew.

Maybe I don't understand the question. There is the SBS WebUI for any PC on your Network. You can use the UI on the Touch. One can use iPeng on an iPhone/iPad/iTouch. And their is the Logitech Controller.

tcutting
2010-06-29, 09:33
Maybe I don't understand the question. There is the SBS WebUI for any PC on your Network. You can use the UI on the Touch. One can use iPeng on an iPhone/iPad/iTouch. And their is the Logitech Controller.

Maybe he's using TinySC, in which case he wouldn't be able to use WebUI from PC's. Moose should still work, though, as would external controllers (Controller or iPhone/Touch + iPeng)