PDA

View Full Version : No audio or playback after power down

Navne
2010-06-24, 13:00
Dear Forum

At "my" club we have a squeezebox network running music at a number of bars. There is a slimserver running the music - upgraded to the latest available version, plus a number of the "original" slimdevices, one in each bar. All slimdevices are upgraded to firmware version 130.
We maintain seperate playlists for each unit, so there is no sync going on between any of the devices.

We need to power of the bars at night, and as such we turn off the power for the slimdevices - while the server will remain on as it is located in the always on server room.

All of this is working very well, except for one problem..
When connecting a slimdevice, while there is no playlist running, will easily connect to the server, and when a playlist is selected the music will start to play, just as one would expect. Problem however is, that while the slimdevice is turned off this playlist keeps playing, and when we turn back on the slimdevice the next day upon opening the bar, the slimdevice will find the server, and display the song currently playing in the playlist, but playback never starts.. The slimdevice will display the song in the playlist, and appear to be at the very start of the song, but not start to play it, while the son actually plays on the server.. The remedy is to pause the playlist, select the next song in the list and press play, then the audio will start again.. This is however not an ideal solution, as we would very much like to have the slimdevices play music without user interaction. I've tried changing the settings for how the slimdevice behaves when the power is off, but this seems to only have effect if you from the slimserver select to turn off the slimdevice, and not when the device is turned off by manually switching the power..

I've been trying to find a thread about this in this forum without much success and now hope for some wise person to come to my rescue..

I thank you in advance

iPhone
2010-06-24, 13:59
Why turn the Squeezebox off, why not just pause it? The amount of power it uses is nothing compared to what a business uses. And when you say Off, do you mean Standby or are you pulling the plug? Because if you are not pulling the plug, its not really off anyway.

If you are pulling the plug or turning a powerstrip off, the Squeezebox lost connection but the Server is waiting for it to come back, so I believe it keeps playing the Playlist. If you need to keep doing this, can all the players be stopped then turned off from a WebUI before the power is pulled?

helenk579
2010-06-27, 19:43
Dear Forum

At "my" club we have a squeezebox network running music at a number of bars. There is a slimserver running the music - upgraded to the latest available version, plus a number of the "original" slimdevices, one in each bar. All slimdevices are upgraded to firmware version 130.
We maintain seperate playlists for each unit, so there is no sync going on between any of the devices.

We need to power of the bars at night, and as such we turn off the power for the slimdevices - while the server will remain on as it is located in the always on server room.

All of this is working very well, except for one problem..
When connecting a slimdevice, while there is no playlist running, will easily connect to the server, and when a playlist is selected the music will start to play, just as one would expect. Problem however is, that while the slimdevice is turned off this playlist keeps playing, and when we turn back on the slimdevice the next day upon opening the bar, the slimdevice will find the server, and display the song currently playing in the playlist, but playback never starts.. The slimdevice will display the song in the playlist, and appear to be at the very start of the song, but not start to play it, while the son actually plays on the server.. The remedy is to pause the playlist, select the next song in the list and press play, then the audio will start again.. This is however not an ideal solution, as we would very much like to have the slimdevices play music without user interaction. I've tried changing the settings for how the slimdevice behaves when the power is off, but this seems to only have effect if you from the slimserver select to turn off the slimdevice, and not when the device is turned off by manually switching the power..

I've been trying to find a thread about this in this forum without much success and now hope for some wise person to come to my rescue..

I thank you in advance

Thanks you for the post.