PDA

View Full Version : SBB starts up in Italian

Ayrton
2010-06-22, 15:10
I ran my Squeezebox successfully on 7.3.3 no problems, upgraded to 7.4.? still no problems, but needed to roll back to 7.3.3 so that I could run the server on my Linkstation Live NAS.

This works ok but whenever I restart the SBB from cycling the power it restarts in Italian. If I change the language on the unit back to English and then cycle the power again the next time it restarts in Italian again.

Anyone know why this might be? At no point have I ever asked the unit to use Italian, I am guessing there is something odd happening as a result of the version rollback but I'd like to put an end to it as it is a bit of a pain.

mherger
2010-06-22, 22:30
> This works ok but whenever I restart the SBB from cycling the power it
> restarts in Italian. If I change the language on the unit back to
> English and then cycle the power again the next time it restarts in
> Italian again.

Make sure the firmware setting for your device is set to English (press &
hold Back on the device)
--

Michael

Ayrton
2010-06-30, 17:23
Thanks for that. I'm not quite sure how I got where I needed to be, but starting with holding back on the remote got me to somewhere I could choose English instead of Italian that was not the same place I had been repetitively changing before. Switching between SqueezeCentre and Squeezebox Server no longer gives me the language problem.

However it is still checking and updating the firmware every time I switch between the 2. This is only slightly irritating in comparison to the Italian but I'd like to iron it out if I can - any further ideas?

Thanks again for your help so far.

NB Squeezecentre shows v 7.3.3 27044, this is as expected given what is on my NAS, in Squeezenetwork settings it shows firmware 50 in information, I don't know if this matches 7.3.3, I'm guessing it does not?