PDA

View Full Version : New owner questions

firegrip
2010-06-22, 04:06
As a new owner, I am mostly pleased with the Squeezebox. However, there are a few items that really need to be addressed.
1)The line out jack should be switchable. If i wish to use my ipod with it, I should be able to leave the cord plugged in, and switch it when I want to!
2)The headset jack should have a setting to make it fixed line level from varible level, so that you can hook it up to your stereo with out having to adjust the volume on the unit.
3)When choosing a channel it should begin playing immeadiately, not have to push play.
4)Logitec HAS TO put in the information for the unit; REQUIRES SIRIUS PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION! You have known about this for sometime now, it is deceptive to leave it off. It was one of the main reasons I purchased the unit.

garym
2010-06-22, 04:13
What sort of SB player do you have. Are you using mysqueezebox.com or your own local squeezeboxxerver installed on your own computer? Some of what you want is possible with settings adjusted. On a BOOM, you can use the menu to switch between your ipod input and the internet (and by the way, the whole point of the SB players/system is that you can have all your music play through the SB WITHOUT using your ipod). Why use headphone out to stereo when you can use line out? And in any case you can set volume to be variable (adjustable by remote or menu on player). This is one of your player settings. I think there is also a setting about resuming play on power-on, etc. I think you need to fully explore all the menu items and settings. I suspect you can set it up to do what you are asking.

Soulkeeper
2010-06-22, 05:03
4)Logitec HAS TO put in the information for the unit; REQUIRES SIRIUS PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION! You have known about this for sometime now, it is deceptive to leave it off. It was one of the main reasons I purchased the unit.

Huh? I have no idea what "SIRIUS PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION" is, but my Squeezeboxen work just fine nonetheless. So I don't believe it is required (whatever it is).

garym
2010-06-22, 05:12
Huh? I have no idea what "SIRIUS PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION" is, but my Squeezeboxen work just fine nonetheless. So I don't believe it is required (whatever it is).

SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio. Don't know, but evidently, one needs the premium subscription to listen to the Sirius app on the Squeezebox. Perhaps another SIRIUS user can chime in.

I have XM Radio, and use the SB XM App. I'm not sure I have to have the premium subscription to make it work on SB, but I do have it so that I can have higher bitrate streams.

toby10
2010-06-22, 05:22
3)When choosing a channel it should begin playing immeadiately, not have to push play.

3. There are a number of different ways to get a station to play besides the Play button. But these vary by player model.
4. Sirius Premium requirement is quite clear on the Sirius App description on MySB. I presume you mean this should be better spelled out on the box and marketing literature?
If this is absent, I agree it should be made more obvious.

However, from Sirius' own site:
http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

Internet Radio for current Sirius subscribers:
"Upgrade to PREMIUM SIRIUS Internet Radio near CD quality sound (128K) for only $2.99 mo"

As suggested, knowing which SB player you purchased may help in resolving your other issues. ;)

Squeezed_Rotel
2010-06-22, 08:03
As a new owner, I am mostly pleased with the Squeezebox. However, there are a few items that really need to be addressed.
1)The line out jack should be switchable. If i wish to use my ipod with it, I should be able to leave the cord plugged in, and switch it when I want to!
2)The headset jack should have a setting to make it fixed line level from varible level, so that you can hook it up to your stereo with out having to adjust the volume on the unit.

Your thread title says that you have questions. Instead you have statements about how the product should work.
A rant is what you have started.

Justme
2010-06-24, 15:37

I don't know which SqueezeBox you are using, but on my Boom and Radio I have my favourite stations set up on the presets. So, I don't even need to switch on the device with the power button, let alone press play. I press the preset and it powers up and plays the radio station.

Easy to set up. navigate to any station using the menu's and then hold the preset button down for a few seconds.

On my old SB2, this of course has no buttons on the device. I usually control this from my Boom anyway as they are usually synchronized.

firegrip
2010-06-28, 08:54
Im sorry if my posting came accross as a rant, but I was upset about the sirius issue. They should hve been more forthcomming about the need for the premium subscription.

Having said that...

I still have some questions about the operation of my radio.
I have a squeezebox radio, using the latest release of the software and I guess firmware.Im using Win7 on a PC. Im using the squeezebox server, and i guess mysqueezebox.com.

The issues im having are;
When I power up the unit, my last station will be there, but will not play untill I push play. If I push a preset, it will begin to play.

My unit doesnt have a line out jack, only a mini jack for headphones. On other units, this jack does double duty, and will allow you to switch it from variable to fixed so as not to over modulate. I cannot find any setting that will allow me to do so.

When connecting anything to the line In, it automatically switches over, is there no way to have that not happen? I wish to hook up something other than an ipod.

When playing a station, after a few minutes the title and artist information dissapear! If I change to another station and then come back its back, but not for long!

toby10
2010-06-28, 10:47
Power On does not begin playback, press Play instead (if in Standby).
Any particular station not updating the metadata info (song, artist)?
I don't believe there are Line Out settings on the Radio to accomplish what you want.

firegrip
2010-06-28, 14:56
So far it has been Radio Paradise, and a Polish station I believe its RMF.

toby10
2010-06-29, 04:23
So far it has been Radio Paradise, and a Polish station I believe its RMF.

Radio Paradise is properly updating the artist & song info for me on both MySB and SBS.