PDA

View Full Version : 181.fm / The Eagle Classic Rock

m1cross
2010-06-20, 20:08
Can somebody figure out why The Eagle Classic Rock doesn't work anymore?? It seems to be just The Eagle 'Classic', which is obviously not the station i want... i went to 181.fm's website, and the classic rock version of the 'Eagle' is still available....can somebody else find the 'classic rock' version through their squeeze product ? thanks

toby10
2010-06-21, 05:23
Looks like 181 or RadioTime have messed up the menu links to the correct The Eagle station. Playing this station from SBS or MySB menu's it plays a New Age type station.

You can try these alternative links to 181.fm The Eagle, cut & paste into Internet Radio > Tune in URL > Play
If it works just save it to a Favorite (but be prepared for such a third party cut & paste URL to eventually stop working).

http://uplink.duplexfx.com:8030/
http://216.155.137.149:10000

m1cross
2010-06-21, 16:27
Thank you so much !! How and where did you find those 2 shortcuts? Works perfect...i thought i lost my absolute favorite station...thanks

m1cross
2010-06-21, 19:18
I contacted 181.fm people and they didn't understand why i was having problems...they said everything has remained the same, and 'The Eagle Classic Rock' was playing fine on their end...but they didn't have any squeeze product to play it through...so they told me it must be a radiotime or squeezeserver problem ??

toby10
2010-06-22, 04:07
I contacted 181.fm people and they didn't understand why i was having problems...they said everything has remained the same, and 'The Eagle Classic Rock' was playing fine on their end...but they didn't have any squeeze product to play it through...so they told me it must be a radiotime or squeezeserver problem ??

Yes, very likely a RadioTime issue. Email them, they are great at being responsive to such inquiries.
Make it clear to them that the station DOES play from the SB menu's, but it is playing the WRONG stream. ;)

I just used WinAmp to obtain the alternate streams.
1. ShoutCast within WinAmp, simple search for 181.fm
2. Selected the 128k feed from 181's web site (not the web player) which plays on WinAmp (or whatever software player program you use)

Then you simply click on the now playing info within WinAmp and the URL's are revealed.