PDA

View Full Version : Crossfade doesn't work

mikedoyle
2010-06-20, 02:02
I want to set my squeezeboxes to play non-stop music with no gaps for a party. I have Boom, 2 Receivers and 3 radios which I will be playing synchronised. I select "Crossfade" in Audio settings, but nothing changes; there are still exactly the same gaps between the songs on playback.
What I want to achieve is seamless playback where the next song fades up across the ending of the old song with no quiet in between.
Crossfade just seems to have a toggle on/off setting but it makes no difference on either setting - it still leaves gaps.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Phil Leigh
2010-06-20, 04:13
I want to set my squeezeboxes to play non-stop music with no gaps for a party. I have Boom, 2 Receivers and 3 radios which I will be playing synchronised. I select "Crossfade" in Audio settings, but nothing changes; there are still exactly the same gaps between the songs on playback.
What I want to achieve is seamless playback where the next song fades up across the ending of the old song with no quiet in between.
Crossfade just seems to have a toggle on/off setting but it makes no difference on either setting - it still leaves gaps.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Set up crossfade in SBS...

mikedoyle
2010-06-21, 16:33
Phil, thanks, that's done the job. I turned off smart crossfade to prevent it from inserting gaps between tracks on the same album, and set the fade time to 7 seconds, so the music never stops pumping in "party mode" now!
I appreciate your help.

aubuti
2010-06-21, 19:55
Just to be clear, SBS does not insert gaps between tracks. In fact it supports gapless playback if the rips are correct. Granted, sometimes the fade-outs on some tracks can be so quiet that it sounds like a gap, so maybe that's what you're hearing. Or not hearing, as the case may be.