PDA

View Full Version : Logitech 30 Day Trial - Any Way to Get Them to Honour It?

rbz5416
2010-06-16, 14:47
Having given up trying to get the Touch to perform as it should, I notified Logitech that I would like to return it under their 30 day trial. This request (to logitechBuyTry@techprotect.de) has been ignored as have subsequent e-mails. Anyone have any alternate contacts?

As a warning, you may want to think twice about trialling Logitech products under this "offer" as at the moment, it seems to be non-existent. :(

kgturner
2010-06-16, 14:53
Logitech Squeezebox Customer Support's number is 877-887-8889. From the email address you listed, it appears you're in Germany. Not sure what their number is but MAYBE the US Customer Support could steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

Kevin T

rbz5416
2010-06-16, 15:04
Thanks.

I'm in the UK but the German e-mail address is where the registration for the trial goes. I've fired off a support ticket but just wondered if anyone had successfully returned a trial product from the UK.

eganders
2010-06-17, 08:15
The 7.5.1 version just came out within the last day or two. Just wondering if you've tried it before you send it back?

rbz5416
2010-06-17, 08:39
Thanks, I didn't realise 7.5.1 was released. I tried 7.5.1-30844 beta last week & I've checked the change log for the released version & there's no mention of any updates to the flaky USB playback.

I was going to buy a Transporter but I'm so thoroughly sick of Logitech's attitude towards Squeeze products & their consumers that I now won't bother. http://forums.slimdevices.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Ikabob
2010-06-17, 09:14
Actually , contrary to your remarks, I have only had very good relations with contacts to Logitech customer service. I,also, have always had no problems with ANY Logitech Squeezebox players that could not be traced back to user errors on my part and all solved by very helpful suggestions here on this forum (thank you members). I am very thankful for all the entertainment that the Squeezes have brought into our home. I think there are many many with similar opinions (the silent majority).

It is unfortunate,though, that there are some who ,for some reason , cannot get their system to function properly. There are so many variables in the internet radio system that , I believe, it is unfair to jump to place the responsibility on Logitech. I do sympathize that you are not able to enjoy the functionality of the SqueezeTouch as so many others are doing.

86atc250r
2010-06-17, 17:38
I think there are many many with similar opinions (the silent majority).

Count me with you. I have 7 squeezeboxen at my house of various flavors & they all work most excellently, I rarely ever have any issues with them at all & when I do it almost always can be traced down to something on my server or network going on (like when the wife uploads a batch of pictures and consumes all my upstream bandwidth).

I also have about 4 devices at another location that work practically flawlessly as well.

Good server, solid network, and good network hardware are the key in my opinion.

rbz5416
2010-06-18, 13:59
Surprise, surprise - not only is there still no reply from the trials e-mail but 48 hours on, the support ticket is also being ignored.

Mitch Harding
2010-06-18, 14:28
Likewise. I've got an SB3, SBR, SBC, Radio, and Boom -- all work
flawlessly. I've been very satisfied with the response I've gotten when I
needed help with various issues!

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM, 86atc250r <
86atc250r.4cq88n1276821601 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> > I think there are many many with similar opinions (the silent majority).
> >
>
> Count me with you. I have 7 squeezeboxen at my house of various
> flavors & they all work most excellently, I rarely ever have any issues
> with them at all & when I do it almost always can be traced down to
> something on my server or network going on (like when the wife uploads
> a batch of pictures and consumes all my upstream bandwidth).
>
> I also have about 4 devices at another location that work practically
> flawlessly as well.
>
> Good server, solid network, and good network hardware are the key in my
> opinion.
>
>
> --
> 86atc250r
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 86atc250r's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=15476
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79742
>
>

toby10
2010-06-19, 04:20
Surprise, surprise - not only is there still no reply from the trials e-mail but 48 hours on, the support ticket is also being ignored.

Check your email spam folder.
I presume you purchased this from Logitech directly? If purchased from a retailer return it to them.
If still not getting satisfaction call your credit card company and dispute the charge.
One time my Citibank CSR even offered to call a problem merchant (not Logitech) with me on the phone. Boy did their attitude change with that simple call. :)

rbz5416
2010-06-19, 04:26
Check your email spam folder.Done that & checked the ticket online - nothing.

I presume you purchased this from Logitech directly?Yes.

If still not getting satisfaction call your credit card company and dispute the charge.It may well come to that.

I called Logitech support this morning, who could offer no explanation as to why the ticket hadn't been answered & had no knowledge of the trial scheme. Best they could offer was escalation to a supervisor on Monday.

Amusingly, they wanted to know why I wanted to return it. I explained that the main reason for buying it was for local USB playback without SBS & that this was flawed. I was advised that the Touch will not work without SBS...

peterw
2010-06-19, 04:38
Amusingly, they wanted to know why I wanted to return it. I explained that the main reason for buying it was for local USB playback without SBS & that this was flawed. I was advised that the Touch will not work without SBS...

Sheesh, it sounds like Logitech has a real problem with its customer service -- their reps going off-script with confidence and giving wrong information.

Good luck with your return.

Ikabob
2010-06-19, 04:40
I have never heard Logitech offer a so called "30 day trial period". Also, the Touch can be used with mysqueezebox.com that is without the sbs. It works great.

rbz5416
2010-06-19, 04:43
Good luck with your return.http://forums.slimdevices.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I'm sure I'll get there in the end, it's just all so unnecessarily difficult & time comsuming.

rbz5416
2010-06-19, 04:49
I have never heard Logitech offer a so called "30 day trial period".http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/349/6766?WT.ac=psE|6767

toby10
2010-06-19, 04:56
I have never heard Logitech offer a so called "30 day trial period". Also, the Touch can be used with mysqueezebox.com that is without the sbs. It works great.

Yeah, they have always had a 30 day return policy like most mfr's and merchants.
The OP wants to play his local music via USB so MySB isn't an option. :(

Ikabob
2010-06-19, 05:56
Oh...ok...sorry. I just never had heard the warranty called "a 30 day trial period"...I know it is though. Also, does the USB have to have SBS (what about built-in tiny sbs?) ...didn't know that. Thanks.

rbz5416
2010-06-19, 09:26
Oh...ok...sorry. I just never had heard the warranty called "a 30 day trial period"...I know it is though.Warranty ISN'T called "a 30 day trial period".

Warranty is called warranty & the trial is called "Buy it. Try it." - exactly as in the link I posted in response to your first post.

Ikabob
2010-06-19, 09:32
You are right. My mistake!

snarlydwarf
2010-06-19, 09:56

well, technically that is true: but 'SBS' includes 'tinysbs' or whataver you want to call it (as well as mysb).

I don't think anyone has made a secret of that.

agentsmith
2010-06-23, 02:18
Not sure if the OP called the US support number. I am from HK and bought a wonky unit from a local shop. I called the support and they quickly identified this as DOA and asked me to exchange it. I told them this could be problematic given the Hong Kong store service attitude as box pushers sans customer service. He told me if the local store refuses to exchange it to call him back so he can handle it directly from the States.

This is still very good customer service to me. Even though with a big company wrapper around it the new SlimD would be nothing like the old one, where anyone could email Sean Adams and he would personally attend to it. But it looks like theie customer service seems to be manned by good people.