PDA

View Full Version : Rookie help needed with Softsqueeze/SB music delay



dean
2004-08-21, 14:12
The delay is due to software decoding etc, I too have the same problem and
as far as I am aware there is no solution. If you use radio streaming the
delay can be a lot more 5-10 seconds. I run Linux so changing to this would
not resolve your issue.

Regards

Dean


-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Karl Zener
Sent: 21 August 2004 21:50
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: [slim] Rookie help needed with Softsqueeze/SB music delay

SB arrived yesterday and it is up and running (what a great device!).

However, when using Softsqueeze (I want music coming out of computer
too for music flow throughout the house), there is a 1-2 second delay
in music coming out of stereo versus out of computer.

Is there a way to fix this minor, yet annoying, glitch?

I am using latest version of SlimServer and Win2K.

Thanks for the help,
Karl

Karl Zener
2004-08-21, 19:23
Thanks Dean. Bummer.

I was told by SB folk that Softsqueeze would put music in sync--no delays.

Any chance this issue will be resolved at some point? Anybody working
on it? Or pretty much a permanent issue.

Karl

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:12:07 +0100, dean <dean (AT) packetradio (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
> The delay is due to software decoding etc, I too have the same problem and
> as far as I am aware there is no solution. If you use radio streaming the
> delay can be a lot more 5-10 seconds. I run Linux so changing to this would
> not resolve your issue.
>
> Regards
>
> Dean
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Karl Zener
> Sent: 21 August 2004 21:50
> To: Slim Devices Discussion
> Subject: [slim] Rookie help needed with Softsqueeze/SB music delay
>
> SB arrived yesterday and it is up and running (what a great device!).
>
> However, when using Softsqueeze (I want music coming out of computer
> too for music flow throughout the house), there is a 1-2 second delay
> in music coming out of stereo versus out of computer.
>
> Is there a way to fix this minor, yet annoying, glitch?
>
> I am using latest version of SlimServer and Win2K.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Karl
>

Nalle Johansson
2004-08-21, 19:33
Is there a way to control the Slimdevice/Slimserver via a
commandline on windows?
I want to start and stop playing music with a command like

SLIMCONTROL PLAYER:Bedroom ACTION:PLAY SHUFFLE:ON

Bästa hälsningar/Best Regards
Nalle Johansson

Jack Coates
2004-08-21, 20:36
> Is there a way to control the Slimdevice/Slimserver via a
> commandline on windows?
> I want to start and stop playing music with a command like
>
> SLIMCONTROL PLAYER:Bedroom ACTION:PLAY SHUFFLE:ON

RTFM the command interface at port 9090. Telnet to it, issue commands.
Very easy to script from Linux and Mac, presumably possible in Windows.

--
Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
"Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for
themselves." -- Top Dog hotdog stand, Berkeley, CA

Nalle Johansson
2004-08-21, 20:37
Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com> på
den 22 augusti 2004 vid 05:36 +0100 skrev:
>RTFM the command interface at port 9090. Telnet to it,
>issue commands.
>Very easy to script from Linux and Mac, presumably
>possible in Windows.
Tnx. Very helpful.

I tryed to use announcement.pl but it respond with
"Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:9090"

and I didn´t ask for a mac or linux-script. I asked for a
way with windows.

/Nalle

kdf
2004-08-21, 23:25
softsqueeze will sync ONLY if you use Java 1.5 Beta and set the audio to Primary
Audio Driver in teh softsqueeze prefs. The downside is that Java 1.5 Beta
currently has a bug that prevents webstart form working so you would need to
start softsqueeze from the jar file.

-kdf

Quoting Karl Zener <kzener (AT) gmail (DOT) com>:

> Thanks Dean. Bummer.
>
> I was told by SB folk that Softsqueeze would put music in sync--no delays.
>
> Any chance this issue will be resolved at some point? Anybody working
> on it? Or pretty much a permanent issue.
>
> Karl
>
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:12:07 +0100, dean <dean (AT) packetradio (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
> > The delay is due to software decoding etc, I too have the same problem and
> > as far as I am aware there is no solution. If you use radio streaming the
> > delay can be a lot more 5-10 seconds. I run Linux so changing to this would
> > not resolve your issue.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Dean
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> > [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Karl Zener
> > Sent: 21 August 2004 21:50
> > To: Slim Devices Discussion
> > Subject: [slim] Rookie help needed with Softsqueeze/SB music delay
> >
> > SB arrived yesterday and it is up and running (what a great device!).
> >
> > However, when using Softsqueeze (I want music coming out of computer
> > too for music flow throughout the house), there is a 1-2 second delay
> > in music coming out of stereo versus out of computer.
> >
> > Is there a way to fix this minor, yet annoying, glitch?
> >
> > I am using latest version of SlimServer and Win2K.
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Karl
> >

kdf
2004-08-21, 23:27
There is information on this in the help section of the slimserver web
interface, under technical information, Command Line Interface. you shoudl be
able to telnet to the slimserver and send commands via command line at that
point.
-kdf

Quoting Nalle Johansson <nalle (AT) gfs (DOT) se>:

> Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com> på
> den 22 augusti 2004 vid 05:36 +0100 skrev:
> >RTFM the command interface at port 9090. Telnet to it,
> >issue commands.
> >Very easy to script from Linux and Mac, presumably
> >possible in Windows.
> Tnx. Very helpful.
>
> I tryed to use announcement.pl but it respond with
> "Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:9090"
>
> and I didn´t ask for a mac or linux-script. I asked for a
> way with windows.
>
> /Nalle
>
>

Nalle Johansson
2004-08-22, 00:41
Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com> på
den 22 augusti 2004 vid 08:27 +0100 skrev:
>There is information on this in the help section of the
>slimserver web
>interface, under technical information, Command Line
>Interface. you shoudl be
>able to telnet to the slimserver and send commands via
>command line at that
>point.
>-kdf
>
>Quoting Nalle Johansson <nalle (AT) gfs (DOT) se>:
>
>> Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
>på
>> den 22 augusti 2004 vid 05:36 +0100 skrev:
>> >RTFM the command interface at port 9090. Telnet to
>it,
>> >issue commands.
>> >Very easy to script from Linux and Mac, presumably
>> >possible in Windows.
>> Tnx. Very helpful.
>>
>> I tryed to use announcement.pl but it respond with
>> "Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:9090"
>>
>> and I didn´t ask for a mac or linux-script. I asked for a
>> way with windows.
>>
>> /Nalle
>>
>>