PDA

View Full Version : What happend to 'Music Folders' in web control?

dnighorn
2010-06-07, 19:08
I am running 7.5.2 and can't find this menu item. Did it really go away? Is there a menu somewhere that allows me to activate the menu item? Or did a bad install just fail to fully uninstall an earlier version.

This menu choice is very important to me as I add music nearly daily and do not want to do a full rescan each time.

alZmtbr
2010-06-08, 08:43
Somewhere? Perhaps under >server>behaviour is a page full of itesm with check boxes as to whether they are displayed or not. Not at home so can't confirm - I had the same issue when I went to a 7.5.2 nightly.

Happy Hunting!
Allan

Siduhe
2010-06-08, 08:49
If you've done a new install, check that you have properly filled in the Music Library setting in Settings/Basic Settings. If there's no Music Library folder set (or the software can't access the folder for some reason) then the Music Folder option won't appear.

dnighorn
2010-06-08, 11:36
If you've done a new install, check that you have properly filled in the Music Library setting in Settings/Basic Settings. If there's no Music Library folder set (or the software can't access the folder for some reason) then the Music Folder option won't appear.

That is almost certainly it. I have that setting blank because I am integrating with iTunes. If I put my music library location in that field, will the scan still work from iTunes?

JJZolx
2010-06-09, 11:10
That is almost certainly it. I have that setting blank because I am integrating with iTunes. If I put my music library location in that field, will the scan still work from iTunes?

I think it will, but it's pretty simple to test for yourself. If the iTunes import no longer works then just remove it.

Siduhe
2010-06-10, 02:08

Yes, it should merge the info, between the local library and iTunes.

Problems sometimes arise on non-standard setups (where iTunes is being run on a different box from the Squeezebox software for example) but generally it should work fine. Also, if it worked before and you haven't changed your setup (other than installing 7.5.2) I can't think of a reason why it would behave differently.