PDA

View Full Version : New user slightly confused

ROBBIE BURNS
2010-06-02, 07:17
HI AGAIN, GETTING TO GRIPS WITH MY SBCLASSIC BUT HAVE A FEW SILLY QUESTIONS OUTSTANDING.

1. Can anyone tell me how I get my SB to automatically rescan for new music being burnt to hdd (via media monkey)

2. I can't get my SB to play a full album, its only playing signle tracks then repalying the track again, how do i change this

3. Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of the cd artwork as it seems to be very small (postage stamp)

4. If Media Moneky does not recognise the cd and pass the TOC information to SB, which as a result leaves SB showing this as NewArtist 100 etc can I manually change this to add at least the artist and title details to allow me to see album info when Im scrolling through the SB menu's

Hopefully someone smarter than me will give provide simple explinations to these very supid questions

lrossouw
2010-06-02, 10:28
1. There is a setting on the server: Settings\Advanced\Rescan Music Library.
2. Under settings\player\Basic Setting\ Play other songs in album.
The repeating behaviour is controlled by the repeat button funnily enough :)
If you press play on the album name before reaching tracks it will also play the whole album.
3. In the web interface you can't control the size of artwork. Try different skins and see if this helps you: Settings\Interface\Webinterface
4. Edit the info in mediamonkey. And save it to tags. Otherwise use mp3tag or similar software. Once you rescan it should update in SB.

aubuti
2010-06-02, 10:43
3. In the web interface you can't control the size of artwork. Try different skins and see if this helps you: Settings\Interface\Webinterface
It is possible to control the size of the artwork in the left pane of the SBS web interface. Select large art from the drop-down menu in the lower left corner, and then set the pixel size. I forget the exact menu path, but I think it's on the Interface tab under SBS Settings.

ROBBIE BURNS
2010-06-02, 12:12
Just arraived home, thanks for the updates, told you some of the questions were stupid

lrossouw
2010-06-02, 20:30
It is possible to control the size of the artwork in the left pane of the SBS web interface. Select large art from the drop-down menu in the lower left corner, and then set the pixel size. I forget the exact menu path, but I think it's on the Interface tab under SBS Settings.

Will have to go find that one. Thanks :)

aubuti
2010-06-02, 20:44
It's Settings > Interface > Thumbnail size. The settings range from 25 to 250 pixels.

Also, there is the neat trick of right-clicking on "Albums" in the "My Music" menu and opening the albums list in a new browser tab or window.