Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drewe181
    • Oct 2006

Screen Burn In?

Is there any possibility of screen burn in with the touch? I've been running my touch constantly for around 3-6 hours a day some days and it has just occurred to me that this might be an issue. I don't particularly want the function controls burnt into the screen, nor the date when using a date/time screen saver when the touch is off.
    -D
    Slim Devices Squeezebox 3 Modified
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch
    Logitech Squeezebox Radio
    iPhone with iPeng
    iPad with iPeng HD
    FLAC FLAC and more FLAC

http://www.studionika.com.au
  • MCG555
    • Apr 2010

I guess with todays technology this is not an issue anymore. I never had this occurance with LCD, Plasma and LED Screens...
    Greetings from Switzerland - Markus :)

----
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D15, Subs: 2x B&W ASW 610, Amplifier: Atoll IN100 Signature, DAC: Metrum Octave NOS Mini DAC, Streamer: Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Comment

• JJZolx
      • Apr 2005

I've seen a lot of burn in with LCD screens. It's very common.

Comment

• MCG555
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by JJZolx
        In the recent 5 years???
        Greetings from Switzerland - Markus :)

----
        Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D15, Subs: 2x B&W ASW 610, Amplifier: Atoll IN100 Signature, DAC: Metrum Octave NOS Mini DAC, Streamer: Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Comment

• m1abrams
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by JJZolx
          Image persistent has never been a big issue for LCDs due to the way they work. You can have some minor ghosting happen but it is never permanent. Modern LCD drivers can do little tricks to prevent any ghosting so it may not ever be an issue.

The biggest usage failure for an LCD is the CFL bulb age, which is why the screen dims slighly to prolong the life of the CFL.

Comment

• JJZolx
            • Apr 2005

Yes, I saw this the other day on a small Acer LCD in a restaurant/bar. They use the computer only to play Pandora One and Napster and the Windows taskbar has been burned into the screen.

Call it ghosting or image persistence, if you will. Yes, my understanding is that it's not permanent, but it takes a bit of effort to get rid of the ghost images. And, of course, some effort to avoid them again.

Comment

• mrtim67
              • Sep 2009

So the question is, am I hurting the beautiful screen on my touch using it as an expensive clock (it looks so nice under the TV) when it's turned off or not?

Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Working...