PDA

View Full Version : Browser Playback

daHugi
2010-05-27, 11:43
Hi there,

don't know if it has already been discussed, but I haven't found any thread so far.

I was just wondering, wouldn't it be possible to achieve a browser playback of the library.
Whenever I show squeezebox server to somebody, the problem of installing squeezeplay on the computer before being able to listen to music is too complicate for most.

So my idea: with the advance of HTML5, wouldn't it be possible to integrate a client into the squeezeboxserver control center?

toby10
2010-05-27, 12:26
I find they are more amazed when you use a laptop to log into your SBS server computer and commence playback of playlists on the actual hardware player.
This way you are utilizing the full SBS UI, not just a software player.
More importantly, you are demonstrating what SqueezeBox is really all about.... the hardware. ;)

pski
2010-05-27, 13:03
Hi there,

don't know if it has already been discussed, but I haven't found any thread so far.

I was just wondering, wouldn't it be possible to achieve a browser playback of the library.
Whenever I show squeezebox server to somebody, the problem of installing squeezeplay on the computer before being able to listen to music is too complicate for most.

So my idea: with the advance of HTML5, wouldn't it be possible to integrate a client into the squeezeboxserver control center?

I prefer "Community" SoftSqueeze. It is a plugin. You may have to check the "display all 3rd party plugins" to see it.

It installs itself in the Extras on the home menu. When you select it, installation takes only a few seconds. The "player" computer must have Java installed but the install procedure can take care of that also.

Sometimes getting Squeezeplay working is harder than Chinese arithmetic..

P