PDA

View Full Version : Squeezeplay doesn't show itself as player

fphredd
2010-05-26, 18:39
Installed Squeezeplay on the basement computer, SBS on ReadyNAS. Squeezeplay doesn't show in the players, can only control Squeezeslave in the other room. What am I missing? Does SBS need to be running on the same box as Squeezeplay?

Thanks.

aubuti
2010-05-27, 17:30
No, SqueezePlay doesn't need to be on the same box as SBS -- that would be extremely limiting. Maybe it's connected to MySB.com. Have you tried connecting to SBS from SP, as opposed to waiting for SBS to find the SP player? Use My Music > Switch Library.

onlyconnect
2010-06-01, 02:16
No, SqueezePlay doesn't need to be on the same box as SBS -- that would be extremely limiting. Maybe it's connected to MySB.com. Have you tried connecting to SBS from SP, as opposed to waiting for SBS to find the SP player? Use My Music > Switch Library.

I have this problem too. When I installed SqueezePlay, it operated as an independent player and I could listen on the PC where it is installed. Then I used Choose Player to remote control another SB. Now I can't see how to switch back so it controls itself. I guess deleting all the config data - but how is this meant to work?

Tim

aubuti
2010-06-01, 04:06
I have this problem too. When I installed SqueezePlay, it operated as an independent player and I could listen on the PC where it is installed. Then I used Choose Player to remote control another SB. Now I can't see how to switch back so it controls itself. I guess deleting all the config data - but how is this meant to work?
Just use Choose Player again, but this time choose SqueezePlay instead of your hardware player.

onlyconnect
2010-06-01, 07:19
Just use Choose Player again, but this time choose SqueezePlay instead of your hardware player.

That's the problem, it is not listed.

Tim

aubuti
2010-06-01, 14:14
Is the SqueezePlay player somehow connecting to www.mysqueezebox.com instead? That would be weird, but not impossible. You can check on mysqueezebox.com to see if it's a connected player. If so, you can disconnect it from there.

Or is the player you are remote-controlling connected to mysb.com?

pski
2010-06-01, 16:33

Tim

Be sure to try "Community Softsqueeze" which is a plug-in..

P

onlyconnect
2010-06-02, 05:01
I deleted the config files and mysteriously it started working.

Tim

fphredd
2010-06-02, 07:05
I deleted the config files and mysteriously it started working.

Tim

Sorry for the dumb question, but where/how did you delete the config files?

Thanks

onlyconnect
2010-06-02, 13:03
Sorry for the dumb question, but where/how did you delete the config files?

Thanks

I'm on Windows 7.

The config files are at c:\users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SqueezePlay

I deleted the folder there called userpath.

Tim

fphredd
2010-06-02, 13:29
I'm on Windows 7.

The config files are at c:\users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SqueezePlay

I deleted the folder there called userpath.

Tim

Very much appreciated; worked for me as well. Happy, happy, joy, joy :D